Write Conflict in Subform Text Boxes (1 Viewer)

grovelli

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:59
If, on the startup form of the attached mdb, you type anything in any of the text boxes of the FPersonale subform(which, in form view, is labeled "Shift schedule") you get a message titled "Write Conflict" saying that during the current session the record had been modified by another user, asking to choose between saving the record, copying the edits to the clipboard or discarding the edits.
I've tried to get rid of the message by putting Me.Requery at the end of the text boxes' AfterUpdate event code but the message still pops up.

Attachments

• ScalveS.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 149

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:59
Sorry, I downloaded the database but I couldn't understand how the forms were supposed to be used. I can mention some things though:
1. The two subforms are on another subform rather directly on the main form. I don't see any reason for this.
2. Your own update code is causing the conflict. You shouldn't be using ADO or DAO to update the current form's record. Nor should you be using an update query. If you want to update the current record, just place values in the bound fields.

grovelli

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:59
Thank you Pat, that was very good advice. I carried out putting the two subforms onto the main form but I kept the text/combo boxes in FrmMeteo unbound because if I bound them, you'd have multiple text/combo boxes referring to the same field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom