Continous form problem (1 Viewer)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 14:23
Hello the world

I have problem which has me stumped
what i have is a from where I need to add a location -fine not too much of problem
, I have a table of my most used locations (Based in the UK ) and I need to monitor these quite regularly so for my top venues I have in a table (makes sense), however sometimes I have an unknow location, and I will only use this location once,, now I don't want to add these locations to my main table of about 100-200 venues, so what i can up with is other venue option which allowed the user to overtype my venue box with whatever they wanted, my problem is that when i list more than 1 venue and one of the locations is not on the list, it enables all of the fields to be edited , I know its recordsets but cannot get my 'ead round this - to expand a bit

If its one venue then no problem, if its 2 venues then I have a linked table opening up tied to the main record as the index (usul stuff) and the table autonumbers happly ,i need somehow to get the line to lock just that 1 record not all of the record in the table for the main refernce - have i made any sense or am I losing it (its midnight here)

Any pointers greatly appicated:confused:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:23
No you haven't made any sense. BUT, if you have a table for venues, it should contain ALL venues; even those you use only once. That allows you to enforce referential integrity between the two tables.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 14:23
thanks it was late and i was babberlin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom