Update Multiple Forms/tables (1 Viewer)

todgers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:51
I would like to create a text box where I can input todays date, then I want to be able to select the tables I want to update with that information.
So if I input todays date I can then update my Stock, Sales and Control tables with todays date. Tomorrow I would only like to update the Control and Tape tables with it as its the weekend.
I been playing around with 'new date for next record' scenario but the problem is that on the weekend we would not input any data into some of the tables.
Hope I've explained myself clear enough.

Thanks

Tim

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:51
You would need an update query for each table. But, the bigger question is, WHY? What would you need to do this for?

todgers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:51
Well basically my brief is to create an on-line version of our work schedules. We currently have 10 paper based schedules and I am currently turning these into tables/forms, etc. I have made it so the date is the primary key on each table as each job is ran just once a day but not everyday.
We have 9 schedules during the week and 6 at weekends, I wanted something so I could insert the date once and then populate the schedules needed for that day.
I've used access previously but not to the degree needed for this sort of thing, hope that helps!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:51
I'm not sure what help it is to simply insert a row with only a date in it since you have to manually touch each row to add the other data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom