Error 3050 (1 Viewer)

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:34
Hi there..

We have an access databas here. 2 users can can enter the db without any issue but one user is having error
error 3050 - could not lock the file.
Please Advice.

Thanks
Danny

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Today, 15:34
Only one user can access the same record on the same table at once. If UserA and UserB are both going to the same record on the same table simultaneously (I.e., if your main form leads them to identical forms both linked to the same table), one of them will get locked out until the other one moves to a different record.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Also, make sure that other user has read/write privileges to the folder that the database is in. If they can't write then the ldb file won't be able to be updated and then Access won't let them in.

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
Both of them have same permissions. but some can enter all the time only one user is having problems.

Thanks
Danny

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Found this by googling:
ANSWER:

This error usually means that the folder that contains the project .MDB file does not have full access for the person that gets this error. Changing security settings to give that person (or a user group to which the person belongs) full access usually solves the problem. If not check the security setting on the .MDB file itself and make sure that the person or user group has full access.

If you are still getting the error, look for an old .LDB file and delete it.

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
I have checked all the permissions for all the users . They all have same permissions . Only one user is having problem. i have checked the permissions on all the folders also.

Thanks
Danny

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Today, 15:34
Did you check for a bad LDB file like Bob suggested? On the one user that having the issue, have them completely close out of the DB. Look in their local directory that stores the DB. If there's still a LDB file in there ([your_DB_filename].LDB) after that user has completely exited the DB, delete the LDB file. This file should be removed and recreated each time the user closes and opens the DB, but for various reasons, it doesn't always happen properly.

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
Thats what we do all the time. I request all the users to come out of database and then deleting the ldb file.
After that they are able to enter successfully.
BUt its happeneing like every second week now. So user want the permanent solution for this problem.
Please suggest

Thanks for all your responses.
Danny

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:34
Is your network sound? Are you using a wireless network in the system somewhere? It sounds like someone is getting a bad exit.

M

muhsin

I'm not sure if this is related to your discussion, but I have 5 computers on my network which connects wirelessly through dsl connection and is located on a pc, not a server. I've created a form in Access on the one computer. All the computers can access all the files on each other's computers, but not the Access form I have created. I get a security warning message saying that the publisher is not verified or the file is not trusted or outside my local intranet. No idea how to fix this. Can you help please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom