acSnapshot format not available (1 Viewer)

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
Hi,
I have upgraded from A2k to AXP and converted the db file to AXP fileformat. Everything I've tested so far seems normal, except from this:

When I run the following VBA code

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptChargeData", _
acFormatSNP, strS1, True

I get this errormessage

Run-time error 2282

'The format yoy're trying to send outdata for current object is not available'
(Direct translated from norwegian)

I've tried RTF file format and that works fine.

I've also installed Snapshot viewer and this control also work (by opening a Snapshot file)

What can cause this error, and more importanrt - how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Ok!

I changed my code to open the report in Access. Then I used Export and chose "Snapshot" and the file was created. Why not in VBA?

One more thing I noticed was that when entering the command, the 'AutoQuickInfo do not display any options when I get to the 'OutputFormat'. The other arguments does?.

I hope this is solvable

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Could anyone please tell me if they use the same command in VBA, and a snapshot file is created successfully or not?

jdwhytie

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, stReportName, "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", stSnapPath

so instead of acFormatSNP, use "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)"

Last edited:

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Forgot about this thread. I posted this one on three different forums, but forgot to put the answer here. I'm sorry for that. So.....this problem is spesific for the norwegian version (which I use). In the VBE I had to use the Norwegian translation of SnapShot! Not good sinceI then cant run a db on another machine with another language version.

Thanks for your reply though.

Pivooo

Local time
Today, 02:34
Thanx for posting the solution.

I had the same problem when I recently went to Windows XP and Office2002, and this helped me greatly.
SnapshotFormat in Holland has to be called: "Momentopname-indeling (*.snp)"
(this for all the dutch people).

Bye

O

olivamix

In Spanish happen the same problem...

Thank You for the solution. I was so tired looking the solution to fix the problem.

The string in Spanish is:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, stReportName, "FormatoSnapshot(*.snp)"

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 10:34
sorry to bring up and old thread, but

i can contribute to the streamlining of this issue, in case people have been trying to work around this problem.

there was a thread i was involved in, not long ago, where a chap named "flect" in this thread: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=146519&highlight=wiklendt&page=2 had circumvented different country settings using a table which was invoked by a DLookup (see thread referenced above) to check which currency to use in a report depending on what the language settings of the computer are.

perhaps this can be applied in this situation where a table can include not only the currency, but other language-setting-specific issues such as this snapshot thing in different languages?

cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom