How To Remove Candle Wax from A Mobile Phone (1 Viewer)

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:26
Don't ask how it happend as I'm also trying to find out myself... :eek:

One minute I was having a romantic anniversary meal with my Wife then the next think I remember is waking up with a massive hangover and finding candle wax over everything in the house including my Laptop and Mobile phone.. :mad:

Last edited:

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
Everything? :eek:

Ahem.. :eek:

Cough.....Cough

No need to worry, I know how to remove the wax when that happens... ;)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 17:26
P L E A S E ......... - Just tell me it didn't get on this.

Last edited:

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
P L E A S E ......... - Just tell me it didn't get on this.

.... :eek: I'll let you know when I get home to check.

This is where I have found wax so far.

Carpet, Walls, window ledge, annivesary cards, Mobile Phone, Laptop, Cordless handset phone including base unit, bath and finally the bedside table.

I think I need a CSI team to come out and investigate.

I would be very interested in working out the order that it all took place in.. :rolleyes:

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
I think you 2 have officially redefined "kinky". I think anytime you include window ledges and anniversary cards in the love play then you cross a whole new boundary. Did you check the trunk of your car yet? There might yet be more undiscovered wax. ;)

KenHigg

Local time
I'd be checking out the mailman, etc, as well for signs of paraffin... :D

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Ring the hotline and it'll melt off :rolleyes:

Col
..... :D

rak said:
Groundrush,

This might be the answer to your question.

http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/314

Yep....... done that.

Got most of the wax off everything apart from the phone & laptop.

I was able to scrape most of it off the laptop but a few drops got inside the keyboard... :(

All is well now.. :)

One thing though...does anyone know how long it takes for chest hair to grow back?... ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Groundrush said:
One thing though...does anyone know how long it takes for chest hair to grow back?... ;)
Not too long, but tell the wife not to wear a bikini whilst she's waiting, she'll be ok in a month or so.

Col

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 23:26
Groundrush said:
One thing though...does anyone know how long it takes for chest hair to grow back?

The speed of hair growth is roughly 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per
month, being about 15 centimeters or 6 inches per year. With age the
speed of hairgrowth might slow down to as little as 0.25 cm or 0.1 inch a month.

So I reckon that a conservative calculation ( assuming you are between 20 and 30 ) will give you something like ..........16.7778 years ?
:D

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Not too long, but tell the wife not to wear a bikini whilst she's waiting, she'll be ok in a month or so.

Col
........ :D

rak said:
The speed of hair growth is roughly 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per
month, being about 15 centimeters or 6 inches per year. With age the
speed of hairgrowth might slow down to as little as 0.25 cm or 0.1 inch a month.

So I reckon that a conservative calculation ( assuming you are between 20 and 30 ) will give you something like ..........16.7778 years ?
:D

So I guess I have little or no chance of hair growing back on my head then.. :eek:

Last edited:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 23:26
Groundrush said:
........ :D

So I guess I have little or no chance of hair growing back on my head then.. :eek:

The listed figures are for chest hair only, so I guess there is still hope for
the head area :D

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Actually, speaking as a chest-waxing metrosexual I can say with certainty that the hair will be back in approximately 2 months though each waxing thins the hairs that return. In 1 month you'll have growth.

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
cheuschober said:
Actually, speaking as a chest-waxing metrosexual I can say with certainty that the hair will be back in approximately 2 months though each waxing thins the hairs that return. In 1 month you'll have growth.

~Chad

Ok... I know I'm going to regret asking this - But what is your official street definition of a 'metrosexual'?

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
Ok... I know I'm going to regret asking this - But what is your official street definition of a 'metrosexual'?

Actually I don't think I've ever heard an 'official' definition--simply one of those words you just 'know.'

However, there are many accepted definitions. Most stem from idea of a straight man who 'takes care of himself' (as in hair, clothing, shoes, teeth, etc as well as even so much as choice in canine companion and home decor) in much the same manner as a city gay man. Metro-SEXUAL to indicate a man who almost crosses the sexual preference line. It's a terrible stereotype to assume that gay men are all chest-waxing fashion buffs and thus you have a serious divergance in the veracity of the term but, irregardless, it is what it is.

I personally like to feel the term simply describes a fully-urbanized straight man -- and by urbanized, I should sub-classify (European-urbanized) since metrosexuality is generally most prevalent in your urban cities that have heavy European influence -- New York, Chicago, SanFran but not necessarily, say, Houston.

My test: if you're straight and own a pair of flared leg faded-front jeans, some nice leather casual shoes or at least a pair of birkenstocks (shoes must be at least $100 value), a fitted-waist shirt (in any color but especially in bold colors like pink, purple, or yellow), and own at least one type of premium hair product that you purchased from a stylist or a specialty shop you are likely in line to be a metrosexual. Things like eyebrow plucking, chest-waxing, and working out often in public gyms also add to your metrosexuality score.

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
Curious aspiration - to be thought of as a 'fully-urbanized' straight man...

I'm assuming the 'flared leg faded-front jeans' make some kind of fashion statement? Do you wear them everywhere or just when you go out with friends in the evening? Are they made from the stretch type denim?

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
Curious aspiration - to be thought of as a 'fully-urbanized' straight man...

I'm assuming the 'flared leg faded-front jeans' make some kind of fashion statement? Do you wear them everywhere or just when you go out with friends in the evening? Are they made from the stretch type denim?

Well I have four pair of jeans: two pair of DKNY's that I wear to work (we're a casual office) one is heavier for winter the other is an 'ultralight' pair for summer, my KennethCole dressier jeans (for night's out--they're quite tight but according to the little Ms. make my butt look great, which they better for the price I paid), and an older pair of Gap jeans that are now my manual-labor jeans, complete with custom patchwork done by yours truly. I think 'fashion statement' is the wrong idea--no one's out to make any other statement than to simply be 'in style' which translates into how much a person cares or doesn't care about their appearance.

For guys, 'in style' has always been about looking your best moreso than any particular fashion trend and there are a couple interesting tricks that play on the eye with faded-front flare legged jeans in how they make the leg shaped and how tight they can or cannot be.

As for stretch denim, I do not believe my kennethcole's are stretch material in the traditional sense. If there is some give is debatable, but I'd almost bet not.

Regards,
~Chad

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom