Ability to select a field value on one form and display on another (1 Viewer)

michaelpotts

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:46
Hello,

I need some help, I have one form which has only one unique key filed on it called 'call_number', it also has about 20 others fields, while this form is open I have a button that leads to another form where I can search for the call_number I want to use, the information I have on this form is in a subform (in datasheet view) which is pulled from a query. What I want to do is when you find the record you want to use, is be able to double click on a field within that record set and it will close the form currently open and display the record selected in the original form.

Please say if I am not clear enough or if I require more information to be posted.

DW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:16
In the datasheet design view, create a button which takes you thru the wizard to open another form.

Follow this and the wizard will ask if you want specific data to display on opening the form.
Select yes and another box will popup asking which fields to tie the two forms together.
Make your selection and finish the button.

From here you can copy the code off the button and paste it to whatever field you wish in the datasheet design view.

You can add a couple of lines after this code to close the actual selection form, making it all crisp and clear.

Dave

michaelpotts

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:46
thanks dave, worked like a charm.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom