corruption of data problem (1 Viewer)

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:51
I discussed this issue with Boblarson over another thread: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=201052

decided to bring this into it's oun special thread.

here is my situation:
I have a fe/be splited db, with the fe installed on every machine.
from time to time I can find some corrupted records in my data.
Boblarson suggested it's most probably caused by network problems. I also noticed it happens only on times when there are two people in the office (I saw no problems for weeks when only one women worked on the machine that also hold the be db)
weiredly I find corruped records on one table only. not only this is the most used table in my db it's almost the only place I let users change data in continious forms that linked to the table with query. in most other places work is done with single record forms and records are added and update using recordsets.
I also have an hidden form that is open all time, as I was suggested it's good to keep this connection open for performance. There are no corupted records on this table.

this all led me to the thought of using copy of the data to show data in the continious forms, and using only single forms with recordsets to add and update data.

any thought ?

Thanks,
Tal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom