Emails only send from my computer (1 Viewer)

rick roberts

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:23
i have a program that sends emails at the click of a button - containing text in the - to. subject. body. and an attachment. all works fine until i use this program on another computer. it seems to send but when i look at the outlook send folder there is nothing there and neither has it been sent. as if the command leaves the program but never reaches outlook. even when i create my email account on another computer and make it the default account (im presuming access always sends through the default??) it still wont send
any ideas gratefully received
thanks

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
is outlook the default mail client on the target machine. outlook express maybe?

rick roberts

Registered User.
Local time
ive tried it on 2 different machines and both use outlook

Dhamdard

Dad Mohammad Hamdard
Local time
Today, 16:53
Did you enable all macros on Trust Centre from Access options. OR checking the coding on the button again if it exists. I have found several times that during compact and repair some codes are washed out from important buttons.

rick roberts

Registered User.
Local time
i clicked the option to allow all macros yes and all other buttons work fine
i did find that the path i used to create a temporary .rtf file as an attachment wasnt always available in the other comps (so i have now set it to c:\ which i presume all computers use) but even with that i would have expected the email to send - just not with the attachment

rick roberts

Registered User.
Local time
it appears to be a windows issue. the email routine works on other machines running windows xp but wont work with windows 7 i have yet to try it on vista
im using office 2007 to create the database

nope - doesnt seem to work for vista either

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom