Scan muli-page document in Access database (1 Viewer)

jsbarroso

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:45
A Sharman,
Thank you for the test database. I am finally back on this project. I receive a compatibility warning between Access 2010 and 2007 when I open your test database. Would it be possible for you to save a copy compatible with Access 2007? When I try to create a new Access 2007 database and import all the content from your test database, I receive a compile error in line “Dim FSO As New FileSystemObject”. I have tried a number of things but no luck.
It is possible to create the entire scanning and attachment process on one form. The group that will be using the database would like to simplify the process. They would like to open a form enter a file name, some brief detail and select to attach an image or PDF file.
Any assistance will be great appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

jsbarroso

Registered User.
Local time
a.sharma,

Thank you again for your test sample database. I can't tell you how much time you have saved me.

I have been able to use your scanning codes as part of my form request. Everything I need it to do work great.

However, currently the folders where scanned images and PDF’s are stored are created wherever the database is saved. My database is split with the back-end tables on a shared network drive. Is it possible to save the image files to the user‘s computer then, after the images are converted to PDF then, the PDF files are saved to our shared network drive?

If so, how would I do it?

BSaltzer

Local time
Re: Relate documents of multiple formats to records in Access database

Thank you all for your approaches and descriptions.

This thread has dealt with scanning documents, saving the digital images outside the Access database, and linking the images to the Access database. I’m looking more broadly than just scanning documents, and hope you can provide guidance.

I have an application for managing assets and many aspects of them. There is a table in the Access database with a record for each asset. For some of the asset there may be one or more related documents. Those documents may be in different formats: scanned, .pdf, Word (.doc or .docx), Excel (.xls or .xlsx), text, image (.jpg, .bmp, etc.), paper (in filing cabinets), etc. Each asset may have one or more related documents, and each document may be related to one or more asset. Each document may have related information: function in the life cycle of the asset (requisition/contract/purchase order number, request for proposal, purchase order, shipping document, manual, warranty, salvage certification, etc.), and other related information (vendor, manufacturer, asset description, date, etc.)

I’d like to enable the User to scan documents if necessary, and find documents of all formats related to a given asset based upon the asset identifier and the other data related to the documents. User should be able to see the documents online (other than the paper ones, of course), print them, and attach their image files to e-mails.

I have found commercial products that can deal with the documents and their relationships to the assets. But they want to “be the whole show” as if the entire operation centers around the documents. Instead I want to keep the focus on the assets and their related documents.

I have not yet found Forum-based programming or a commercial product that can integrate well with my Access database application and link to the document files of many formats outside the Access database.

Any recommendations?

SHABZO

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:45
Hallo Sir

I am trying to open the test.zip file . It says that it has unrecognizable database format. I use access 2007
Basically my client wants to scan his documents and allocate an account no to it and in his access form he needs to call it up for each patient.

jmaty23

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:45
Someone may be able to use this. This code will scan up to 10 documents using a continuous feed scanner and output them to a pdf.

Attachments

• SCANVBA.accdb
    888 KB · Views: 863

kalexander

Local time
Thanks for the post. I am trying to use your test database to save the hyperlink address to multiple records. I was wondering if you would help me achieve this. If that is possible could you save multiple address to a single record across multiple records of the same form? Thanks, Ken

dnohr

Local time
Today, 16:45
Looking at the sample database, it looks pretty slick and I can get it to work using that database.

But, I need to tweak it some to incorporate into my project but I'm feeling kind of dumb.......

Where is the VBA that's actually calling the module to scan? I'm confused because looking at the code under the "From Scanner" button it just says

strWhere = "Scanner"
DoCmd.Close

But I can't seem to figure out how the first line actually makes the scanner window appear.

Basically I guess the question is, if one was to copy the modules into a new database, and create a new button to get the Scan, how do you do it.

Tazzou

Local time
Today, 23:45
Hello.

I'm French and I'm looking how to scan documents from Access and I found this forum. Everything works fine.
I need some information:
- Is it possible to scan multi-page documents directly by placing all pages in the scan charger ? If no, is it possible to modify to do that ?
- How to change the links to the folders "TempScan" and "CustDocs" to customize them?

Thank you to answer me quickly and sorry to revive this old topic.

Regards ;)

haroon.mansha

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:45
Dear @a.sharma
I have checked your test Database, Some questions I want to ask
When we already entered the CustomerName , Why we have through Voterid
Even we can do like CustomerName = txtfield
And then it directly go to Scanner page or File option etc.
and make the output file = textfiled . pdf and store the link .

Will be greatfull if you guide me how to do it.

a7md m7md

Local time
Is it possible to continue scanning all the papers without the message that appears after each paper, which asks whether to continue or not

Mohdhtm

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:45
Thanks for TEST file

Can i Make scanning all the document function continuing in one file, currently the database scanned document one then you have command to add the another.

Sorry for that. I have removed the password. Use this fresh attachment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom