Attendance Collection from 900+ staff (1 Viewer)

paulcherianc

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:37
Any experts to tell me a best solution to implement a system in place with workflow approvals and time attendance submission process. Can MS Access cater my needs? Is that practical to deploy Access runtime version to 900+ employees to collect their monthly attendance.:confused:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I won't take a position on best, but Access is certainly an option. Depending on the number of concurrent users, SQL Server might be a more appropriate back end.

paulcherianc

Registered User.
Local time
Paul,

So there will not be any limitation in concurrent users if i choose sql as back end and access as front end? If so how will i manage various levels of time attendance approval workflows and workflow management. Can be done through access and sql?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We would need to know a lot more about the app to even begin to answer those questions. SQL Server is more robust than Access as a back end and would be able to handle that many users.

paulcherianc

Registered User.
Local time
How can i find a freelancer to complete my work? Do u have some suggestions?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:37
Do u have some suggestions?
regardless of system chosen, before deciding put a clearly defined spec together of how the system is required to work - what the required objective is, how it will work in real life (number of users, frequency and timing of updates profile (i.e. everyone clocks in at 8am), etc. Also decide your budget and the relationship you want going forward for maintenance of the system.

Once you have done that I would also look at off the shelf systems - may not do things the way you envisioned but with 900 people it sounds like an enterprise scale requirement - so also talk to your IT dept.

You can google for local developers or use something like guru.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom