Error: You tried to lock table..... (1 Viewer)

Glowackattack

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:49
I'm gettin an error when i try to reference two queries based off the same table at the same time. Here is my setup, i have two tables, one for main mutual fund information (fund code, fund name, asset allocatioin, etc.), the other table is for Unit values for each of the funds (Fund code, Date, Unit Value).

I have multiple queries that will run off the Unit Value table and pull unit values for a specific date to use in calculating mutual fund performance.

When i try to use two of these queries to calculate a one month return i get a "You tried to lock table 'Query1' while opening it, but the table cannot be locked because it is currently in use. Wait a moment, and then try the operation again."

I dont understand the error, i dont have any other tables or queries open, all i can imagine is that there is a problem with referencing the same table through two different UV queries in my performance Query.

Thanks for any help in advance...

Glowackattack

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, and no, waiting a minute and trying again does not change the outcome, this error comes up any time i try to run it...

Glowackattack

Registered User.
Local time
Nevermind, got around my problem by creating tables for Current UV's, One month prior UV, Beginning of Year UV, 1 year prior UV, etc, and appending the data to those tables, then when i'm done with the data running a delete query on those tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom