continuous form (1 Viewer)

pl456

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:25
perhaps the wrong title.

What I would like advice on is seting up a continuos form that can be continuous in both the X & Y and have a series of extra fields to log data aginst them.
For example if you have a set of data that has, lets say car models in the X part of a standard continuous form and years accross the top as column headers that can go on for a number of years.

I suppose in a way its like a cross tab query but not totalling instead giving the option to fill in the data.

please see attached (not done the best job of explaining that.

any suggestions, i think this has broken my brain:(:confused::eek::confused::(

Attachments

• cont form x y.JPG
    cont form x y.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 95

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:25
Sorry, this is not the way Access works. You would need to do some major coding to get that to work. It is way beyond what I would even try at the moment. That is more "spreadsheet thinking" rather than Relational Database thinking. You could, perhaps, use a grid control to do something similar.

jsv2002

Registered User.
Local time
I concur with Bob the ranges for dates would be to wide to compare any make of vehical side by side like that you would need to narrow down selection and display relavent details for that vehical in maybe a datasheet subform.

Say on main form have comboboxes with make, model, and date range then have the info you want to view in the datasheet.

pl456

Registered User.
Local time
Bob, yes, spot on, that is the problem, it is coming from a spreadsheet. I can't stop people thinking in an excel world where all the cells adjacent to one another appear related but actual have no relation to one another other than in their visual conception.

JSV, I had put something together with a subform which works perfectly well, just doesnt give the complete overview they want and get with a spreadsheet.

Not used grid control before, looks like I am on a crash course on figuring them out.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom