Access 2002 runtime install asking for Windows NT SP6 installing on Vista RC2 5840 (1 Viewer)

bugs007bugs

Local time
Today, 22:55
Hi everyone.

Have been testing installation of Office XP Developer Access 2002 runtime package created using the package wizard on a WinXP Pro SP2 machine, for installation on a Vista RC2 5840 machine.

After installing the latest necessary updates such as Office XP Developer SP1 among others which were essential to remove the Path/File error I had, A new error displayed itself as soon as the runtime install package launched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Visual Basic 6.0 Setup Toolkit (Error Window Title Bar)

The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because it requires Windows NT Service Pack 6 or later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume Windows NT SP6 has no relevance to Vista ???

Maybe some other update will help here. I have googled for hours to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best wishes for 2007.

Joe.

orna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:55
You need dbmsadsn.dll from WInXp in the System32 lib.

gdmvet

Local time
Hi everyone,

I'm also having problems with deploying my software on Vista.

I get this message :

Visual Basic 6.0 Setup Toolkit (Error Window Title Bar)

The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because the languages don't match. Install the office system pack in the correct language on your computer.

I've never had this message on a Windows XP machine.

I'm trying to install my software on a dutch Vista version.
My software was packaged with Microsoft Office XP Developer version
10SP1. I also installed the "packaging wizard patch dutch" long time ago.

I already removed dbmsadsn.dll from the ospfilelist, but it didn't work :(

Any ideas ?

orna

Registered User.
Local time
Change the language on the computer to english before the installation

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:55
I have tested my 2002 setup on Vista and I get the same error message
The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because the languages don't match. Install the office system pack in the correct language on your computer.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Bizzarly though in some ways not surprisingly My Access 97 runtime does work on Vista!!

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
As a temperary measure I have found that if I run AccessRT.MSI from the runtime folder of my package Runtime 2002 installs. I can then copy my database files accross, create my own shortcuts and I can get programs to run. I had to remove a couple of references first though (which I wasn't using anyway). Not great but better than nothing.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
out of interest, i got the same message trying to install an XP 2002 installation package onto a normal wondiws xp machine

it worked on some, and not on others, and i gave up in the end, as i decided to install manually, on proper access systems (access as an upgrade is not that dear, and avoids the system crashes you get with a run time version)

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
At last a solution I think. I've only done limited testing but if you find your opsfilelist.txt file that the packaging wizard uses, open it and delete all of the contents (make a backup copy first). Then when you are creating your package uncheck the "Yes, include system files" complete the package and deploy It has worked for me on Vista Business.

I guess If you went through ospfilelist.txt line by line removing them there may only be a couple that need to be removed but hey I've got a beer waiting for me in the fridge:D

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
And finally the solution for vista business for me

Locate OSPfilelist.txt
Make a backup copy, then open it

Find the lines which contain the following files
DBMSADSN.DLL
DBNMPNTW.DLL
SQLOLEDB.DLL
MSXML.DLL
and delete them.

You should then be able to create an install package, include the system files if you want to and it should run on vista... well vista business anyway.

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
And for Windows 7 follow the instructions in the previous post

Locate OSPfilelist.txt
Make a backup copy, then open it

Find the lines which contain the following files
DBMSADSN.DLL
DBNMPNTW.DLL
SQLOLEDB.DLL
MSXML.DLL
and delete them.

Also delete the line for the following file:
AGENTSVR.EXE

And its happy days for windows 7 :)

Kdub

Local time
Today, 07:55
Hi all -

I have an access application using the Access 2002 runtime. I have modified the OSPfilelist.txt removing the entries for the 5 files mentioned. That allowed my package to install the Access runtime and created the directory tree that my program lives in, but before completing program installation I got a "file/path not found" error. Canceling that msgbox gave me "Installation did not complete" error.
this is on a Win 7 64 bit machine.
Any clues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom