Or really #Other Forums# (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:05
I am currently learning Google Apps Script and stack exchange has good engagement in this area so I thought to boost my reputation on stack exchange, I would answer a few questions on Microsoft Access.

It's been a disaster! You cannot add comments until you have a 50 reputation. So I put the comment as an answer, along with an explanation of why and they reduce my reputation!

I tried to explain the situation to no avail and have been blocked from making any further comments!

I just don't understand the site and the way it works it just seems to be counter productive.

I can't even delete my account there, so I flounced off, changed my name to "delete me" and I'm not going back!

I wonder if it's just me or if this is a common experience?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 23:05
That's crappy. I've had a fairly mixed experience on other forums on a variety of topics, but like other relationships, it's not endearing if "the other" is not enthusiastic about, or at least appreciative of, my participation.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:05
I got the impression one of the moderators was trying to help me out by reinstating my reputation but somehow it didn't work, so I'm back to the same reputation I had, but I can't post I don't know...... Don't care, not going back. I feel you could spend a lot of time there answering questions and then through some silly stupid mistake lose all the benefit of your work.

Made me realise how good this site is. Good bunch of people where if you do make a mistake somebody has a quiet word in your lughole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom