DataMacro logic (1 Viewer)

FAB1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:36
Hi All, I was using an old PC with a spare Softphone licence to capture the incoming TelephoneNo in Access. The Softphone has a function (on the first ring) that pushes out the incoming TelephoneNo via a command line switch which opens a standalone local version of Access which I use to populate the tbl_IncomingTelCalls in our main BE. In theory I could replicate this to all the Pc/Softphones in my department but this would mean I will get the same incoming telephone duplicated 4 times in the BE tbl. At the BE tbl_IncomingTelCalls at DataMaro level I was going down the route of try to work out some kind of logic to remove 3 of the 4 duplicate records. I had started looking into the Dcount function but I realised that the TelephoneNo could already be in the tbl. I thought about trying to working in that if the matching telephone number was within the last 10 seconds it’s bound to be a duplicate and should be deleted.

Help

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 01:36
If you key the table,
Only 1 phone#, time stamp can be entered.
No dupes.

FAB1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:36
Hi Ranman256, Hmm not sure where you're going. The tbl_IncomingTelCalls fields are:-
[CallsINID]
[FormattedTelNo]
[CallsINIDstamp]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom