Online DB (1 Viewer)

Acropolis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:02
I need to create a database for a charity that I run.

We have a version at the moment, but it is just a standalone with normal Access tables. What I need is a split database, with a MySQL or similar BE and multiple front ends I can distribute for other people to use.

The problem is that everyone uses their own machines, and we have no IT infrastructure at all, no common place I can store a BE file that everyone can have access to, we have no offices or anything like that.

I am looking for something on line, which Access can communicate with. We have our hosting and everything through 1and1, which do MySQL databases, but I am unable to get Access to connect with them.

Can anyone recommend a solution or a provider that we could use?

Thanks

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:02
Get yourself some cloud storage for sharing a back end data base (Apple's) iCloud or OneDrive, they have free space as well and very low cost space.

zpy2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:02
rent a web space should be low cost solution.
about 300rmb a year for 100M.

zpy2

Registered User.
Local time
as to MySQL, i think you can communicate it with MySQL odbc driver.
another option is php plus xmlhttp which is like Ajax .

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:02
I rent 20G from Apple's iCloud.com for $0.99 a month. The only problem I have with it is sharing data on multiple PCs, i.e. when adding a new folder on 1 PC, other PCs fall out of sync and do't always get the new folder. It's my understanding that it's a known Apple problem with an easy manual remedy. Otherwise I easily share data among 5 PCs, via the Internet regrdless of where those PCs are.

zpy2

Registered User.
Local time
.99 us dollar per month for 20g iCloudDrive?
oh, as to cloudy storage, i use Baidu cloud disk about 2000g for each account for free.
but as to multiple users app, you really need a web space instead of file share through cloudy storage.

Acropolis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:02
Solution found.... Amazon AWS RDS MySQL DB, with 20gb if storage........ free for 12 months!

Result

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom