Run Time Error (1 Viewer)

Brian Roberts

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:32
I have created a multi-user database and one of the users is getting, upon activation, a Run Time Error'429' message stating "Active X component can't create object." When I press debug, Set dbs = Current Db() is highlighted in the Private Sub Fill Options() Procedure. I checked the Tools-References option and discovered that Missing: Microsoft DAO 3.51 Library message on the list with a check mark beside it. I tried unclicking the missing references using the Tools Menu but, then I get a Compile Error Message. Any suggestions to remedy this problem?

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Brian

You are 75% there to fix the problem. After unchecking the MISSING reference (Microsoft DAO 3.51 Library) scroll down the list to find a similar reference that you do have installed - Microsoft DAO 3.6 or Microsoft DAO 3.0). Put a tick alongside this one and then close the refernces section go to Debug - Compile and Save all Modules and Bob's your Uncle!

HTH

Rich Gorvin

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time
Hi there,
just my sixpence worth - if you're using Acess 2000 you must set the priority of the Reference to DAO 3... higher than the reference to the Active X objects.

Marion

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
Rather than increasing the priority of the DAO 3.6 library, it is better to qualify all DAO references with the DAO. quailifer. If you simply increase the priority of the 3.6 library by moving it up in the reference list so it is ahead of the ADO library, you will have trouble with any ADO code contained in other databases because the DAO 3.6 functions will get in the way of the ADO functions.

Brian Roberts

Registered User.
Local time
I looked at the Tools/Reference list in the Switchboard Form Module and couldn't find any Microsoft DAO Library. I found that I did not have any problem with opening other databases on the same PC but, not that particular database. Any suggestions?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
If none of the other databases uses DAO objects they would not experience a problem. Look up the ActiveX message in the knowledge base. The problem might have been caused by an Office uninstall and re-install which seems to mess up the registration of some .dll's. The article tells you the steps you need to go through to get the DAO library properly registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom