3D Printing (1 Viewer)

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Today, 14:09
I guy I work with went to this 3D printing expo at the Javits Center, New York City. He took these pictures. All the instruments are 3D printed (except electronic components, strings, and drum membranes) and they play.
The Bosch saw was also 100% 3D printed, except the motor and blade. It's a working unit. Even the "label" was printed right into the part using multi-color printing processes.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 22:09
Waaaauw

And soon we'll have "The day of the 3-d printers" (like "The day of the triffids") when they can replicate themselves, and suddenly decide that we are to be their food/slaves :D

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 21:09
When they are able to print a fully functional version of Scarlett Johansen then I will be interested and be first in the line to buy the printer :p :cool: :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
When they are able to print a fully functional version of Scarlett Johansen then I will be interested and be first in the line to buy the printer :p :cool: :D

No chance, I'll use my pensioner's elbows to push you out of the way.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Oh, going to fight dirty are we, in that case I will trip you up with my walking stick and then pin you to the ground with my Zimmer, hey I've got an idea! Lets print twins. ;)

Brian

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Today, 14:09
This is the beginning of an apocalypse - lke spikepl said.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 17:09
Have you seen the 3d printing techniques building appendages for people? They've even been able to cheaply incorporate robotics into it. This technology has so much potential.

You could even build a house!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time

scott-atkinson

Local time
Whaor...

A house, Scarlett Johansen, and a prosthetic detachable appendice for me... there's a show right there... :)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
One idea I had several years ago utilizing a form of 3D printing, based on an earlier model developed in the nineties.

This particular "3D" printing uses a dual scanning microwave beam and wave interference peak amplification to raise the energy threshold needed to initiate a chemical reaction in a thermal set epoxy.

This process is inefficient for modern 3D printing and was abandoned for newer technologies. But the principle is applicable for certain joint replacement conditions.

The surgeon would laparoscopically remove small amounts of worn or highly calcified bone tissue and or cartilage.

Next a thermal or some other electrometrically set plastic would be injected in to the cavity. Using the dual scanning cohesive beams create a 3D solid right inside the patients joint.

The extra non-activated material could be vacuumed out. This procedure would require much less recovering time and could be performed more often as the synthetic replacement materials wore out.

Just a thought.

scott-atkinson

Local time
I still don't see any Scarlett Johansen producing printers yet... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom