Need help on Query (1 Viewer)

rkisor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:08
Hi Team,

I have attached the excel document which needs to do it in the access.
In the excel Col A, B, C are the raw data values, the highlighted in the yellow color (Col E and G ) should be the output.

In the col E and G i have applied some formulas in the excel which really works out. I need to do it same in the access. Can you please help me out.
What formulas or Queries can be applicable in MS Access for giving those out puts.

Thanks
Kishore

Attachments

• Access Help1.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 59

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 21:38
Short answer: It's not possible to achieve the results you've specified with the data you have provided.

Long answer: Your data isn't logically consistent. Your excel spreadsheet is heavily reliant on using the order that the data is in to do calculations (e.g. Column E compares the current record to the next record). In Access data isn't in any order until you tell it how to be in order. In Access you have to explicity declare how order is to be applied to your data when you want to order it.

It is not logically possible to order your data. The data is in Ascending order by Column B, but there are some records with the same values. For them, there is no way to determine which order they should appear.

Check out rows 4 and 5. They have the same Column B values and then they are sorted in Descending order on Column C. But then look at rows 10 and 11. They have the same Column B values, but are sorted Ascending on Column C. That's a logical inconsistency and prevents Access from being able to achieve this without more information.

What makes Row 4 come before Row 5, but Row 10 come before row 11?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom