Email Contact list (1 Viewer)

voliva67

Local time
Today, 15:35
In my database I have a table for all of the customers emails which list the 3 titles for each district they serve, for example District 1 has across the President, Vice President and Clerk. each email is a hyperlink that when clicked once automatically takes you to outlook, however, how can I choose all 3 at once without having to go back and forth to the database and outlook after the one click? so all 3 recipients are included in the email at once. In Excel you can copy and paste the 3 emails but in Access it doesn't allow you to do that. Any ideas as to how I can execute this?

ted.martin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:35
You are going to need to concatenate all 3 eMails addys together, separated by a semi-colon and then using some code, send this string to Outlook.

On a Form, you could do this with a button or check box and using the On-Click event this should work. I can't see how you can do this on a table.

Code:
cmdeMail.HyperlinkAddress = "mailto:" & Mail1.value & "; " & Mail2.value & "; " & Mail3.value

voliva67

Local time
So then I should make the table a form? Then in design view I can use the code you gave me on the Click Event? When you say semi colon added, do I add that to each one of the emails already in the form or is there a manner is which I can automatically add that in to avoid manually doing it? Also my emails are hyperlinks now to outlook as it is we just choose one first to take me to outlook then manually copy the other 2.

Thank you for your detailed help

ted.martin

Registered User.
Local time
The code I wrote will insert the semi colon for you.

You will need some way to Select the row of eMail addresses so a check box should do the trick. You may decide to put this as a field on the table, in which case it will need clearing back to clear as some stage. You can write a simple query to do this and run it on the Form Open event.

voliva67

Local time
Thank you for the code. I just need detailed clarity because I am really confused as to where to apply this. I have a query created from the table to pull up a single row at a time with the emails needed for a certain issue and in that query I added in design view a concatenation for all emails to appear together in a separate column all together, but because I don't have the colon the emails appear together with the word mail to and the # sign in front. I don't know where you are telling me to put the formula you gave me. and the click box you spoke of. I'm sorry for my naiveness I just need a specific instruction step by step on what to do. If you would be sooooooo kind I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

ted.martin

Registered User.
Local time
If you are using a query that is fine to get the one line of code. I was suggesting you use a form with a command button or check box on each record. The click event (button) or change event (check box) would initiate the code I gave you. The separator is a semi colon NOT colon.

If you prefer the query option then in your concatenation insert this text (precisely) BETWEEN each eMail addy & "; " &

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom