How is this ISIS charade going to play out? (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:49
Quote from Connor

Think of it like a ladder bud, no-one cares about the steps on the way up, its the top we care about

This is ignorant bullshit.

My late wife had an incurable illness for almost 20 years, about 13 years in part of her treatment changed from using a srynge driver for 12 hours a day to feed a measured amount of medicine to taking a tablet once a day. Try telling somebody in that situation it is no use because it is not a cure.

Brian

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:49
There wouldn't be any real evidence behind it because for that to happen someone would need to release figures and no-one would have that figure other than the government. why would they give that figure away?

You make a ridiculous claim that the government makes 250 billion dollars a year from diabetes and provide nothing to back it up. Surely this is the most pathetic attempt at debating ever. I have seen religious people put up a better case.

You are firmly hooked into a government conspiracy theory and obviously quite incapable of taking any other perspective.

on the contrary my friend if you care to use google ;) many people have found natural remedies for diabetes and many illnesses and they are as cheap as a tin of beans.

Please send me your bank details. I have access to a 20 million dollar inheritance and I just need someone to help me claim it. You can keep thirty percent for your trouble. :rolleyes:Wake up dopey.

One of my favourite "natural remedies" available online is known as "Black Salve". It is promoted as a natural cancer remedy. Look it up.

Fact is its main ingredient is Zinc Chloride. ZnCl isn't found in nature but is an industrial chemical used as a soldering flux. It corrodes flesh and is basically used for chemical surgery burning holes though healthy tissue and hopefully the tumor. Why some people would choose this over a surgeon's knife can only be attributed to ignorance and sheer stupidity.

I know a number of women who have had breast cancer. Some chose "natural medicine", taking the advice of sincere but obviously deluded practitioners in "traditional Chinese medicine" who advised changes in diet.

These women all died terrible deaths. Those who used conventional treatments are alive and well.

I have actually i have linked many articles and poked quite substantial holes in your articles,

You have linked articles. Some have been utterly irrelevant while others are from obviously biased sources that fail to provide any references. Try following the trail of those that do provide references and all you will get will be more conjecture.

also your arrogance makes you look like a fool by nit picking the bad parts of my comments . try answering the whole comment such as i do. :rolleyes:

A least you admit there are holes in your arguments. Trouble is the holes seem to go from one side right to the other.

"Answering whole comments" sounds like the religious who always claim that the criticisms of their beliefs are due to it being "taken out of context". If you can't keep dumb comments out of your posts then why should I ignore them?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Keep it going Galaxiom!

I am enjoying this debate with you.

I guess some people enjoy making themselves look like an ignorant fool in front of an audience.

Have you ever considered a career in comedy?

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Quote from Connor

This is ignorant bullshit.

My late wife had an incurable illness for almost 20 years, about 13 years in part of her treatment changed from using a srynge driver for 12 hours a day to feed a measured amount of medicine to taking a tablet once a day. Try telling somebody in that situation it is no use because it is not a cure.

Brian

Dont expect anything less than these types of comments from you Brian (i actually saw your name and said "here we go again")

I should think i know thanks - my grandparent is suffering from bone cancer which the doctors have claimed to be incurable. he cares not for the treatment given to him but only the end goal which is indeed curing his aggressive cancer.

He is the one who told me that so yes i have had this point of view from somebody in that situation.

Don't just think I am throwing these opinions at you without a point of view from a person with these types of illnesses.

The reason for my Diabetes arguments is because my mother is a type 1 diabetic and she has now turned to natural remedies because she is fed up of having to inject herself with a needle every time she needs to eat a meal and it is showing no signs of improving, yes it may be less hassle to take a tablet once per day but she would prefer not to bother with it at all. So yes my intentions are on helping her and my grandparent in any way i can - which includes finding natural remedies people have used and proved effective. And once in a while i try sharing these remedies to help any one in need... so for you to say that is very insulting.

I don't know what i expect from you Brian but you haven't proved to be nice is any way possible in any of your posts (which happen to come frequently, its called a debate for a reason - you don't just join in and insult)...

And you Brian have now not only proved yourself to be just as arrogant, but also a hypocrite too... Well played.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Are you seriously telling me that your grandparent did not care about any pain being eased because it was not a cure. There are cancer sufferers out there wanting to take a drug that extends their life, it does not provide a cure but just extends their life.

A cure is the holy grail but anything that improves the quality of life is welcomed, at least by all rational thinkers.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
BTW why does my post show me to be arrogant and hypocritical?

Brian

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
You make a ridiculous claim that the government makes 250 billion dollars a year from diabetes and provide nothing to back it up. Surely this is the most pathetic attempt at debating ever. I have seen religious people put up a better case.

You are firmly hooked into a government conspiracy theory and obviously quite incapable of taking any other perspective.
I never said they take all of it - i did say however they take a hefty sum from it. the rest go towards more research into treatments for diabetes. Which is why I'm guessing most research foundations never have enough money and are charities.

Actually i do let other people opinions mold my own but when you are obviously a hypocrite and do not look at both sides to the story and believe in a just government without them doing anything wrong

you and Brian deserve each other...

Please send me your bank details. I have access to a 20 million dollar inheritance and I just need someone to help me claim it. You can keep thirty percent for your trouble. :rolleyes:Wake up dopey.

This makes no reference to the quote at all , please be more specific.

One of my favourite "natural remedies" available online is known as "Black Salve". It is promoted as a natural cancer remedy. Look it up.

Fact is its main ingredient is Zinc Chloride. ZnCl isn't found in nature but is an industrial chemical used as a soldering flux. It corrodes flesh and is basically used for chemical surgery burning holes though healthy tissue and hopefully the tumor. Why some people would choose this over a surgeon's knife can only be attributed to ignorance and sheer stupidity.

This would just make it a remedy not a "Natural remedy", it does not look effective from any of the pictures, in fact the pictures do look quite brutal. I have read that Bitter Melon is quite the natural remedy for diabetes and cancer! I also read somewhere that honey and cinnamon mixed is also a type of diabetes cure. (Don't ask me how all i know is that my mother has been trying it and shes seeing minor results so far!).

I know a number of women who have had breast cancer. Some chose "natural medicine", taking the advice of sincere but obviously deluded practitioners in "traditional Chinese medicine" who advised changes in diet.

Where have you read a change of diet? everywhere i have read it claims that a natural diet has nothing to do with helping the cancer, i have seen that taking certain types of food in doses rather than meals can help a lot. Such as the Bitter Melon i described earlier. I read someones journey through having cancer in the top of his arm (next to his shoulder blade) in which he had been told by medical professionals that the cancer had become too aggressive and had took over too much for them to safely treat it. so he took it upon himself to take to natural remedies (to save his own life in fact) 17 capsules of bitter melon powder a day for 3 months and the cancer had reduced to the point of it being nearly none existent. The doctors could then treat this cancer and he is cancer free :D i was so happy for him when i was reading this. The health professionals said it was a medical miracle, but he was the one who did it. He chose not to sit down and accept his fate, And for that he has earned my utmost respect.

These women all died terrible deaths. Those who used conventional treatments are alive and well.

I have read a lot more people being happy with natural remedies than going through chemo therapy, My grandparents skin has turned a pale greenish colour and he says he hates every second. I hate seeing him like this, he was such a happy sole before all of this happened, soon i am going to refer him to using natural remedies as well as his treatment to see how he fairs. (as long as this may help in the slightest way, i have done what i have set out to achieve).

You have linked articles. Some have been utterly irrelevant while others are from obviously biased sources that fail to provide any references. Try following the trail of those that do provide references and all you will get will be more conjecture.

Indeed some articles do not provide references, but the ones that do you claim that at the end of them there is more conjecture - what i am starting to see here Galaxiom is that you in fact also have a jaded view of this world but in the opposite way to what i have. I am trying to mold my opinions through the intelligent people on this site, but when horrible comments like some of yours and Brian's and other people on this site it doesn't help me mold my view only helps me gain one on the person in question. My view on you in fact is hazy to the fact sometimes you do show kindness in the way you speak but then you would add comments which would be horrible later on, so I'm not quite sure on you yet but i would like to get to know you more and maybe not throw harmful comments at eachother :) )

A least you admit there are holes in your arguments. Trouble is the holes seem to go from one side right to the other.

"Answering whole comments" sounds like the religious who always claim that the criticisms of their beliefs are due to it being "taken out of context". If you can't keep dumb comments out of your posts then why should I ignore them?

And these are the types of comments i am talking about Galaxiom - you are not helping yourself in trying to help me get to know you. Along with this comment

I guess some people enjoy making themselves look like an ignorant fool in front of an audience.

Have you ever considered a career in comedy?

Please comment like this less, because i can see you are a nice person in some of your comments but you just cant seem to help yourself by insulting after being nice.

Keep it cool bud, Maybe get to know each other more and share some experiences :) (Without the insults of course ;) )

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Are you seriously telling me that your grandparent did not care about any pain being eased because it was not a cure. There are cancer sufferers out there wanting to take a drug that extends their life, it does not provide a cure but just extends their life.

A cure is the holy grail but anything that improves the quality of life is welcomed, at least by all rational thinkers.

Brian

He is a strong willed man, pain never really bothered him through life, he does in fact care about a cure.

The rational thinkers part seemed to be a dig at my grandparent, do not do it again.

You, Like Galaxiom are another one of those people who try to share their opinion through harshness and by saying "I'm right you're wrong NANANANA" - Galaxiom on the other hand can show kindness in some posts , you have not in the slightest.

BTW why does my post show me to be arrogant and hypocritical?

Brian

Arrogant - "Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one’s own importance or abilities" Oxford Dictionary - you feel like people who make mistakes in their grammar are below you and you MUST correct them, (no doubt somewhere , something is missing a letter or punctuation and it will be corrected).

Hypocritical - Because you called me arrogant, being arrogant yourself would make you sir, a Hypocrite

Kindness in your mind is substituted by grammatical correctness and slander... Maybe drop the guard and talk nicely for a change because i (as said in other posts) like to hear peoples stories and your story may be an interesting one :) and i would be more than glad to hear it.

I came here to make friends and talk about the things i am interested in rather than argue. I would in fact be more than happy to accept you both as friends, but only if the gesture of kindness is returned.

(I don't mind you debating with me, because of course it is on the debate section but i came here to sculpt my opinion, not be ridiculed.)

I'll start it off - How are you two today? :p

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I read someones journey through having cancer in the top of his arm (next to his shoulder blade) in which he had been told by medical professionals that the cancer had become too aggressive and had took over too much for them to safely treat it. so he took it upon himself to take to natural remedies (to save his own life in fact) 17 capsules of bitter melon powder a day for 3 months and the cancer had reduced to the point of it being nearly none existent. The doctors could then treat this cancer and he is cancer free :D i was so happy for him when i was reading this. The health professionals said it was a medical miracle, but he was the one who did it. He chose not to sit down and accept his fate, And for that he has earned my utmost respect.

I am wary of the blinkered nature of the health industry who disregard much without analysis.

However we must also be careful of unverified postings claiming extraordinary results. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Can you independently verify the story? In this case I have no doubt that Bitter Melon sales were greatly enhanced.

It could be like the stories of cures supposedly by praying to the former Pope that led to his beatification. It is all hearsay and no medical people were involved.

I have read a lot more people being happy with natural remedies than going through chemo therapy,

Do you understand the principle of Confirmation Bias?

Moreover, when was the last time you read a story written by someone who had tried alternative therapies but died. ;)

Of course dead people rarely write but even before they die, many are in a state of Cognitive Dissonance and continue to believe the remedy will cure them right up to their death.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I am wary of the blinkered nature of the health industry who disregard much without analysis.

However we must also be careful of unverified postings claiming extraordinary results. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Can you independently verify the story? In this case I have no doubt that Bitter Melon sales were greatly enhanced.

It could be like the stories of cures supposedly by praying to the former Pope that led to his beatification. It is all hearsay and no medical people were involved.

Indeed , this does require extraordinary proof , but in the face of certain death and overcoming it through your own devices i find that to be extraordinary itself :p . I agree more proof is needed but if it is true the person involved need not give a reason because for him he has done the impossible :D. I understand your input and agree with everything you are saying.

Do you understand the principle of Confirmation Bias?

Moreover, when was the last time you read a story written by someone who had tried alternative therapies but died. ;)

Of course dead people rarely write but even before they die, many are in a state of Cognitive Dissonance and continue to believe the remedy will cure them right up to their death.

Piece of mind is a powerful thing Galaxiom (by the way may i know your name :p i would prefer to call you by name :D ). Hasn't it been documented that someone in a manner of speaking healed them selves via positive thinking? may be a co-incidence it happened or it may not have.

Whats your opinion on that?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Ah! So wanting people to care enough and respect their readers by writing correctly is arrogance to you , whereas I think that those who do not care are the arrogant ones.
We have readers for whom English is not their first language, what are they to make of
Ill instead of I'll
Ive instead of I've
Cant instead of can't

And the incorrect use of were and where there and their. We have a couple of posters who seem proud to not understand the difference.
I almost forgot your and you're.

Sure we all make typos and even miss them when rereading our post before submission, but if you care about and respect others you will do your best to minimise the errors.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
There was no dig at your grandparent, I do not know his views about pain only that he does not care for his treatment, but then chemo is an awful treatment, my elder brother who died of liver cancer would not have had it if he had known that whilst it kept him alive for a few months longer it effectively ended his life earlier.
For some however it is part of a cure when used to mope up remaining traces of a none aggressive cancer after tumour removal.

I wish both of your relatives all the best in what is an uneven struggle.

Brian

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hasn't it been documented that someone in a manner of speaking healed them selves via positive thinking? may be a co-incidence it happened or it may not have.

Such things are difficult to test in a randomised trial.

However I have little doubt that a negative disposition could exacerbate illness.

My had wife a what could have potentially been a life threatening condition when a "lesion" was found on her lung in an xray and ultrasound. None of the extensive testing was able to identify it because is a very difficult place to get to.

However she maintained a positive outlook and tests a few months later showed it had shrunk to very small. We will never know what it was or if her disposition that helped. Either way she was determined to enjoy what was left of her life if that was how things developed.

On the other hand the women who died of breast cancer while being treated by the Chinese alternative therapies also had a positive outlook.

One was convinced that she only needed to understand what was wrong with her mental state that caused her to contract the cancer.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Ah! So wanting people to care enough and respect their readers by writing correctly is arrogance to you , whereas I think that those who do not care are the arrogant ones.
We have readers for whom English is not their first language, what are they to make of
Ill instead of I'll
Ive instead of I've
Cant instead of can't

And the incorrect use of were and where there and their. We have a couple of posters who seem proud to not understand the difference.
I almost forgot your and you're.

Sure we all make typos and even miss them when rereading our post before submission, but if you care about and respect others you will do your best to minimise the errors.

Brian

I try to minimize errors when writing but as you say, we all miss things sometimes - I mainly do try my hardest but i seem to go into dumb mode when typing fast which doesn't help as i am 6,5 and a big lad with big fingers :p i hit a lot of keys which are not needed :D

True people who don't naturally speak English may have troubles but English is mainly the worst language to learn (all be it one of the most spoken) due to the "slang" used in different parts of the UK.

There was no dig at your grandparent, I do not know his views about pain only that he does not care for his treatment, but then chemo is an awful treatment, my elder brother who died of liver cancer would not have had it if he had known that whilst it kept him alive for a few months longer it effectively ended his life earlier.
For some however it is part of a cure when used to mope up remaining traces of a none aggressive cancer after tumour removal.

I wish both of your relatives all the best in what is an uneven struggle.

Brian

Thank you and I am very sorry to hear about your late wife, my condolences are with you.

True it is part of the cure and I am very glad when people are on their way there - I hate seeing people in what you call an uneven struggle, E.G. My grandparents

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Can you link the [Royal Raymond Rife]article please?

Search his name and quack and you will get plenty of links.

One of his outstanding pieces of quackery was his claim to have built an optical microscope with 16,000X magnification giving it the power to see viruses.

This is physically impossible due to the limitations of the wavelength of light.

He claimed that all cancer was caused by bacteria and viruses and could be cured by vibrating them at specific frequencies.

Now it is known that viruses are involved in some cancers but clearly not all.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Such things are difficult to test in a randomised trial.

However I have little doubt that a negative disposition could exacerbate illness.

My had wife a what could have potentially been a life threatening condition when a "lesion" was found on her lung in an xray and ultrasound. None of the extensive testing was able to identify it because is a very difficult place to get to.

However she maintained a positive outlook and tests a few months later showed it had shrunk to very small. We will never know what it was or if her disposition that helped. Either way she was determined to enjoy what was left of her life if that was how things developed.

On the other hand the women who died of breast cancer while being treated by the Chinese alternative therapies also had a positive outlook.

One was convinced that she only needed to understand what was wrong with her mental state that caused her to contract the cancer.

I'm very happy to hear that about your wife! In my opinion a positive outlook can mean a world of good. Negative outlooks such as giving up with illness can probably cause your body to give up too. (which is never good.)

I guess some people are just past saving Galaxiom (I never caught your name :p ) I have little doubt that the positive outlook extended their life by what might have been a fraction, but it still helped - a negative outlook may have reduced the life drastically.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Search his name and quack and you will get plenty of links.

One of his outstanding pieces of quackery was his claim to have built an optical microscope with 16,000X magnification giving it the power to see viruses.

This is physically impossible due to the limitations of the wavelength of light.

He claimed that all cancer was caused by bacteria and viruses and could be cured by vibrating them at specific frequencies.

Now it is known that viruses are involved in some cancers but clearly not all.

Hmm - interesting, so he wasn't completely wrong then about the viruses?

I shall read these articles Galaxiom and it will help sculpt my opinion :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hmm - interesting, so he wasn't completely wrong then about the viruses?

I shall read these articles Galaxiom and it will help sculpt my opinion :D

Don't forget that things get spread by vaccine that is supposed to cure, like Ebola.

Perhaps cancer is spread by sneezing?

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom