Are you an atheist? (1 Viewer)

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:03
Yet the clergy are arrogant and pretentious enough to offer advice about marriage.
They do so out of their believes like yours. They believe that abstinence is the only way for the other way you are Killing a Baby. Yes, and I know you believe in woman's choice but that is another thread,,,,I hope?

That one of the many differences between Catholicism and Protestants.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:03
They believe that abstinence is the only way for the other way you are Killing a Baby.

Using a condom = killing a baby???

How about failing to have sex when a woman is fertile. Does that equal killing a baby too?

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Using a condom = killing a baby???

How about failing to have sex when a woman is fertile. Does that equal killing a baby too?

They did not have condoms when the Catholic laws (Dogma) was written and they certainly did not know if a woman was infertile. Their only option at that time was abstinence

I think you are right but that is the Catholic rules. On the other hand , us Protestants have no problem with birth control as long as it happens prior to 'conception '
(i.e. the morning after pill)

We Agree again---oh my!

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Galaxiom: The 'oh my' is in no way derogatory to you or your statements. It actually comes from 'The Wizard of Oz' movie. You would have to see the movie to understand.

Have a good day down there.

Blade

jeremy.lankenau

Registered User.
Local time
I wish the poll would have had another option for those who believe in god. Instead of just "my god is the only god and he definitely exists", perhaps add something that takes into account the pantheons, just to cover all bases. Something like "my local god is stronger than yours if in my neck of the woods, but possibly weaker if in your local god's neighborhood" ;)

Might remove the "all your base are belong to us" ideology used by the big-3 religions for millenia.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:03
I wish the poll would have had another option for those who believe in god. Instead of just "my god is the only god and he definitely exists", perhaps add something that takes into account the pantheons, just to cover all bases. Something like "my local god is stronger than yours if in my neck of the woods, but possibly weaker if in your local god's neighborhood" ;)

Might remove the "all your base are belong to us" ideology used by the big-3 religions for millenia.

The original question, and lots of the atheist responses in here show a lack of understanding of manys religious belief. I would guess in the UK even in those who profess to believe in God, very few would opt for their God is the only true God etc etc

That fundamental misunderstanding, makes this thread a waste of space except for the extremes on either side of belief.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time

Or of course the option could be;

"My God is bigger than your God and could easily have Him in a fight"

:D :p :rolleyes:

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
The original question, and lots of the atheist responses in here show a lack of understanding of manys religious belief. I would guess in the UK even in those who profess to believe in God, very few would opt for their God is the only true God etc etc

That fundamental misunderstanding, makes this thread a waste of space except for the extremes on either side of belief.

Are you'll pouring water down my chimney on purpose or what? First we have a post that talks of Mythological gods (pantheons). I hope that those in the IK that believe in God! would say he is the creator, the first one and only God we have. If they do not then they are just as bad as any Atheist out there. What fundamental misunderstanding that Man is God unto himself or Nature is God. Come on People get real for your soul's sake;

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 07:03
My gods outnumber your god and could take him in a fair fight.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
To be quite honest,

I can most believe in the Norse Gods,

They promised to be rid of the frost trolls, and to be quite frank.

I see none about today ;) :p :D

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
But who created the raw materials to make the button?

Good question but easy to answer and the problem is you know what it is. Yeah,, go ahead and say it. another question on the same level......Who made GOD? These type questions are infinity questions are they not?

Blade

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Good question but easy to answer and the problem is you know what it is. Yeah,, go ahead and say it. another question on the same level......Who made GOD? These type questions are infinity questions are they not?

The darn chicken came first! ;) :D :p

and that damn dress is definitely Blue and Black! ;)

khurram7x

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:03
where did the first couple of everything come from?? scientists still could create a single pair... so definitely there's someone!!

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 14:03
As to that dress - here is another: which way does it rotate?

Hmm this shall remain a mystery, since the animated gif gets converted into a dead .jpg upon upload :(

Attachments

• 0,,5693171,00.jpg
    0,,5693171,00.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 127

CSL

Registered User.
Local time
As to that dress - here is another: which way does it rotate?

Hmm this shall remain a mystery, since the animated gif gets converted into a dead .jpg upon upload :(

I don't believe that girl has a dress?

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
kind of getting off the subject here. Here let me put it back on the road?

Does any of you Atheist out there know what the name of the book or author who wrote about God and Atheist?

Blade

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
kind of getting off the subject here. Here let me put it back on the road?

Does any of you Atheist out there know what the name of the book or author who wrote about God and Atheist?

Blade

ok no BITES,,,,, I can say this for the atheist, They are prolific when it comes to books against GOD. I just typed in Atheist Books and boy did I get a whole gaggle of them. It would take me to the 'end of times' (pun intended) to read them all. Never did find the book I was looking for. I saw it somewhere on TV the other night. Will keep looking and let you know the title of it.

Blade

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom