Did I do something wrong? (1 Viewer)

Hagridore

Agent of Creation
Local time
Today, 04:54
Greetings! I have truly benefitted by my participation in these forums. I have had several questions answered by the great gurus that respond to queries here. I have been unfailing in my thanks and in my praise. I have done my best to always have my communication be in a positive voice. I reached a point where the focus of my job changed, a fact which I commented on in these forums as an explanation for why I didn't get back with feedback on the answers I got most recently. And then they (the powers that be at my company) changed my focus completely, saying that they don't want me to make a standalone app, that Filter by Form is good enough, and they have forced me to make my Access database little more than a gateway to export data in Excel spreadsheets, which just makes me want to scream.

In spite of this, I have had several questions that I've posted in the last couple of months. And for some reason I have had no responses. It's kind of like I've been blackballed or something. Did I do something wrong?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 07:54
I'm looking at the first page of results for all the threads you are part of. It goes back to February and every thread has at least 1 reply. Can you link to a specific thread?

Hagridore

Agent of Creation
Local time
Once again proving y'all're super human, you got back to me minutes after my post. I just went back over my material here as well, and can't find some things I thought were posted here. It's possible I posted in another forum...I've been in several...and it's also possible I had an issue with getting things posted. My company is just plain paranoid when it comes to security, and there've been a few strange initiatives about what sites are available and such. So it may be that my posts didn't actually get here. I think that's probably most likely, since the pattern here is speedy, appropriate, info-packed replies. I'll do some digging in my stuff and see if I can find the questions I had. If not, and if they're relevant, they'll come up again. :) I await responses to the two questions I posted yesterday with bated breath. You folks are fantastic!!!

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 06:54
Don't scream too loud about Excel. LOL
I ue MS Access as a Front End - distributed nationally and across PC, Apple, and other systems using Citrix. It has a lower bandwidth and lower maintence than some web applications. Plus, it maintains its very rich user interface.
My back end is SQL Server, Oracle, XML and even some other systems.

For distribution of data, I use Excel Object Model Programming. Extremely custom data mining using SQL Server t-sql functions, access vba, SQL views, access query plus an interactive interface -- are used to create custom Excel reports.
The Excel reports are rich with custom formulas, formatting and filter options. The Excel reports contain no vba. The reports are self-filing by category, user, and focus. They are used across the enterprise. The Excel part of this Forum might come in handy to automate your work.

My suggestion on your post would be:
1 - attach a very small brief sample if possible (change names to protect the ... whoever)
2 - For big picture questions - outline the objectives and ask how it can be done
3 - Keep specific how-to questions small instead of bundling half a dozen together

4- (optional - shameless plug) if you have received $30 of good advice, then buy the small yearly membership. We won't promise it will help... but it couldn't hurt!

Either way, we will all look forward to your next questions.

Hagridore

Agent of Creation
Local time
I appreciate your comments. I do hope to do the paid membership...unfortunately various health concerns have made me miss work and without PTO of any kind my checks are smaller. I think I just discovered why I've been thinking no one's responding. I put several questions in the system this past week and saw no response. I just went into the forums today and discovered there're several responses, but I'm not getting emails about them anymore. I was getting the emails. It appears that my options do show the setting where I get emails in place correctly, but I'm still not getting them. Could someone check out what's going on with my account and email? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom