Advice On Table Fields (1 Viewer)

outofpractice

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:59
I am looking to improve a current report model that consists of spreadsheets all over the place for each and every month, quarter, year, etc.

One of the things that I am going to attempt to integrate is some web reporting to my companies biggest client. What we currently report to them is:

Top 10 Web Pages Viewed - this consists of the Page Title - Visits and Views
Top 10 Files Downloaded - this consists of the file name and instances

So - my initial thought was I would have 3 tables:

PageTitle table - this would contain the different page titles
FileDownload table - this would contain the file that has been downloaded
MonthlyInformation table - this would be the piece that ties everything together.

What I am struggling with is MonthlyInformation table and if I am adding way to many fields to it and there may be a better way to design that I am not thinking of. How I intend to implement this table is:

10 Lookup fields to the PageTitle table (To retrieve the page title) - each lookup field also has an associated number field for view and visits -> so 30 total fields right there
10 Lookup fields to the FileDownload table (To retrieve the file downloaded) - each lookup field has an associated number for instances -> 20 total fields

In addition the MonthlyInformation table will have a reporting start/end date field to know when the information is for.

I would make a form based on this table for the user to input the monthly data.

Is the above strategy the best I can do or is there a more elegant solution to do this?

Thanks for any input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom