Enable a field after an action (1 Viewer)

sweetmikie

Local time
Today, 13:51
Dear fellow users,

I have a quick question. I am designing a form where I want a field enabled if a check box area is checked (yes). So, field 2 is disabled in the form automatically. If field 1 (the check box) is checked, then I would like field 2 to be enabled, activating a pull-down box to choose 1 of several different items. Can someone tell me an easy way to do this, please? I'm sure it is probably simple, but Access still proves elusive and difficult to me. Thank you for your time and any assistance you may provide. - Mike

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:51
recommend you use the correct terminology to avoid confusion- fields are in tables, controls are on forms and reports which can be bound to fields.

But to your problem, easiest way, and without using code is to use conditional formatting for your combo control (field2)

I would set its default state to be disabled (in the control properties) and for conditional formatting you would use

expression is.....[ctrlforfield1]=true

sweetmikie

Local time
Today, 13:51
Thank you so much for the tip. Worked perfectly! I really appreciate you taking the time to assist me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom