Install MS Access Runtime onto another computer at our company-does not have MSAccess (1 Viewer)

keithaul

Local time
Today, 13:57
I'm trying to find an answer for someone else. I don't know much about this subject so if someone can help, Thank you in advance. Below is what I know about the problem:

"I just installed MS Access Runtime onto another computer at our company that does not have MS Access (I installed the 32-bit version onto this machine that is running 2013 MS Office). ... There is currently only my computer here that has MS Access 2016 on my 32 bit machine. When I go to open the database on the computer it won't open the file at all."

This is all the info I have at this time.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 14:57
Newer Access .accdb will not open on older Runtime.
Old db, mdb, will not run on new runtime.

keithaul

Local time
Today, 13:57
Thanks for the response. Would you know of a instructional site with some education on how to create an MS Access Executable/Runtime and then deploy it?

It can be books, blog articles, video tutorial, etc. Also it would answer the following:
How to create a runtime file for a MS Access DB
What files are needed to run this file on a clients PC
Does it require the client to have the latest version of MS Access running on their PC
What are the advantages or disadvantages of converting a MS Access DB to a runtime/executable file over deploying the .accdb file

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom