Page width in record (1 Viewer)

El Jagang

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:00
Good afternoon,

I'm designing a report and made the page size "legal". When I click Print Preview, about a third of the second page is blank; however, in Layout View I can't move my fields any further to the right. The report definitely needs to be two legal pages wide because of the amount of information that needs to be printed.

I feel rather stupid for having to ask about this on here, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to that extra space and use it so all the fields are distributed evenly across the two pages. I've changed my margins to "Narrow" setting, I've looked at the Report Properties and despite having made some changes, I still can't move my fields further to the right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ranman256

Local time
in design view did you split the fields over the paper width?
make the paper (in design mode) > 14"? make it 28 (2 legals)

If it wont fit on legal, why not just use bigger paper?

El Jagang

Registered User.
Local time
My employer uses Legal, so there's no getting around the issue that way, unfortunately.

For some reason, I'm unable to make the width larger than 22", which leaves about 4" (not counting margins) of space I can't use.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:00
Try Changing the page layout to portrait

El Jagang

Registered User.
Local time
I've tried that already; oddly enough, the width remains at 22" when I do that, even though it should be 17". Come to think of it, 22" is "Letter" size x 2. So I don't understsand why I can't change that value once I've selected "Legal".

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:00
If you are splitting the data across (Down?) two pages create each page as a sub report and embed them onto the one page of another report with a page break on the main report page.

Access does have a limit on the page length in design mode but it's about 35" if I remember - and I don't think it applies in 2010 onwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom