Silent installation of Access Runtime 2007 (1 Viewer)

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:00
Hi there,

I have integrated Access Runtime 2007 into my setup.exe (using Inno setup). Sometimes users are confused by the EULA agreement of the Runtime and do not install Access. Then my app won't work which is a bad start...

So now I'm looking for a way to have a common EULA (for my app and the RT) and to silently install the Runtime. After extracting AccessRuntime.exe I see various files and I've read that I need an XML to make it work. Has somebody tried this? Can somebody advice me on how to achieve a silent Access Runtime 2007 installation?

Thanks - FRANK

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:00
Hi there,

I have integrated Access Runtime 2007 into my setup.exe (using Inno setup). Sometimes users are confused by the EULA agreement of the Runtime and do not install Access. Then my app won't work which is a bad start...

So now I'm looking for a way to have a common EULA (for my app and the RT) and to silently install the Runtime. After extracting AccessRuntime.exe I see various files and I've read that I need an XML to make it work. Has somebody tried this? Can somebody advice me on how to achieve a silent Access Runtime 2007 installation?

Thanks - FRANK

While I have no idea about the italic part I have a very good idea (believe me: is VERY good) about the bold part:
Let's simulate a dialog between you (the Programmer) and the User:
P) Why you don't install the Runtime environment ?
U) ?!?!?
P) The setup ask you to install the runtime environment and your answer was "No.
How you expect to run my app without the runtime environment ?!
U) ?!?!?!?
P) OK. I understand that you haven't the necessary skill in order to decide about this. But why you don't make a phone call to me ? if you are in doubt.
U) ?!
P) OK. No problem, but come here ! I'll show (teach) you how this task should be done.

Note please that my English allow me to only provide ideas, not the exact words :) (or body language). So feel free to adapt this "dialogue" to your needs.
Good luck !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom