Message for Moderator (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcbhydro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:13
Good Morning,

On 9th Oct. I initiated a thread on the Reports Forum concerning the use of Access in-built Access routines. Carelessly, my the title of my post included a typographical error!
My post raised a general query on the subject of extracting 'Totals' data from a Table.
I received 2 replies, both of which stated that specific details of a particular database were required. Being a general query about an inbuilt Access routine I considered that specific details were irrelevant and thought that the responses were unhelpful.
Nevertheless, I added a post to the thread which included SQL code which made the context of my query clear.
I was astonished to receive a post on 17th Oct. from one 'Spikepl' which contained foul language and personal abuse. I realize that there are countless sad characters in this world who consider that foul language and personal abuse is clever. However, it is my opinion that such should be prohibited from venues such as Access World Forum.
My question is; Do the rules of use of the Forum not prohibit such conduct and is the Moderator not able to exercise control over such behaviour.

regards,

jcbhydro

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:13
I have answered in the thread mentioned.

These forums are made possible by the efforts of many people who give their time for free.

Bearing that in mind, any effort you can make with your post(s) to grease the wheels as it were is very much appreciated.

Specifically I'm thinking it would have been a good idea if you had added a link to the post you mentioned.

Here is the link:- http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=270091

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 12:13
FYI, we also have a reporting feature where you can report abusive posts anonymously to one of our staff. We take all reported posts seriously and discuss them accordingly. Public posts like this only add to the discourse rather than solve the problem.

I did remove the posts and they were unnecessary and I am closing this thread. If you have further inquiries, please use the proper reporting method on the affending post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom