Emailing on specific dates (1 Viewer)

Elmobram22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:58
I have a table with dates for when Car insurance and MOT run out. I have an automated email that goes out to the admin staff to say when they need renewing. I wondered if it was possible to pull the data and email 10 days before the renewal date and then 5 days after to make sure it is done?

Cheers,

Paul

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Yes it should be possible not something I have done myself.

Your first steps should be to build a query that returns the records you want.

Elmobram22

Registered User.
Local time
Yes it should be possible not something I have done myself.

Your first steps should be to build a query that returns the records you want.

Hi,

Yes I've done that. One that has the date of the nenewal in it and then one with a date of 10 before and 5 after. But i don't know how to use those values in an email macro.

Cheers,

Paul

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Search the forum for the following term:-

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject

There are quite a few examples however they use VBA code. I don't believe it will be possible to send multiple emails from a macro, unless you use the macro to call a function of course.

Edit:- to quantify my answer regarding what macros are capable of, I don't know is the short answer! I should have said with my limited understanding I don't believe it's possible to do it with a macro.

We did have a member here a few years ago I think his name was Mike365 and he did everything with macros. He would be the chap to ask if you could get hold of him.

Last edited:

Elmobram22

Registered User.
Local time
To be fair a function would be fine. I have created a query that holds the 10 days before date and 5 days later date so could pull the data from there? I just said macro cause I don't really know much about this kind of stuff.

Cheers,

Paul

ivanov

Local time
Today, 02:58
Re

Hello!
I have a very specific question. I have a DB with a table, that contains certain dates and emails. I want to make a macro, that send an email (which is the same for all) whenever the date in the cell is the same as todays date.
So if for instance I have a raw in my table, that contains an e-mail blabla @ gmail .com and the 12.11.2014 and I run the macro, it would send an e-mail to blabla @ gmail .com.
I think it is doable with a macro, but my macro cannot find the table in which I have my info. When I run the macro it gives me this massage:
Microsoft Access cannot find the name “Ha” (which is the name of the table) you entered in the expression.
You may have specified a control that wasn’t on the current object without specifying the correct form or report context.
To refer to a control on another form or report, precede the control name whit the name of a collection. This is usually Forms or Reports, and the name of the form or report to which the control belongs. For example, Forms![Products]![Units in stock] (which I did as well).

Should I make a report or form instead of a table?

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 166

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom