putting query parameter requests on a form (1 Viewer)

merlin777

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:09
I want to build a form that allows a user to book an appointment.

I want them to be able to see a choice of their own or other people's appointments for the day so they can choose a time.

I'm told i can build a query to show the appointments and put that in a subform on the form.

My question is this: to select which person's appointment to display and which day, i need to give the query parameters. I don't really want to do it with the parameter query popups. What i'd like is a couple of pull down lists at the top of the timetable to select and display the person and date.

Is this possible? Should i put the pull down boxes on the form or in the query?
tia
(i'm using a2007)

Last edited:

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:09
In the query criteria put this:
Forms!YourFormName!TheControlName

merlin777

Registered User.
Local time
That works great - thanks!

I need to pass the date as a parameter too. I can't see a control for that in query design view. Is it possible to have a calendar-like control?

merlin777

Registered User.
Local time
I should also say i'm using a2007 but my end users will be on a2010

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:09
There is a lot of info re parameters on this site.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:09
I need to pass the date as a parameter too. I can't see a control for that in query design view. Is it possible to have a calendar-like control?
And you will not see ever because a query don't hold controls.
But you can have a calendar control in the form. Or, simple, an unbound textbox control where the user should input the date (this is a bit tricky for the user because the input should match the format you design for).

merlin777

Registered User.
Local time
bingo! thanks mihail.

i'm now using an unbound text box. If you change the format to a date format, when you click on the box it gives you a date picker.

Now i'm trying to do a second box to select a name for filtering. I inserted a combobox, but it's displaying numbers -i think they are the id numbers from my tblpatients, a list of patient names and an idfield. I'm not sure how to point it at the list of names. I think i have to keep the control source blank to leave it unbound and then point thr row source property at the list. However, when i click on the list in the row source box it only offers me a list of mt objects, not their fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom