relationship (1 Viewer)

toddbingham

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
Could someone lok at this database and see why only one query is not updating its table.
The qry in question is qry_Sweep Account
When frm_Sweep Account is filled out and the email button is clicked, it updates tbl_Sweep Account with the info and should update tbl_ID10 with an Auto Number to print rpt_Sweep Account_Report that gets its info from qry_Sweep Account_Report.
I am baffled. Every other one works but this one table.

Attachments

• BankForm.zip
    95.2 KB · Views: 88

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:38
The problem is that you are running an update query but there are no rows in the table that will be updated. I added a row to the table and the update worked.

I think you may have trouble with this method in a multi-user environment. You are better off using criteria in the report's RecordSource query. That will allow you to get rid of the update query entirely.

You have numerous column names with embedded spaces. It is poor practice to create names with embedded spaces or special characters.

Change the record save that was generated by the wizard to:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

Your command buttons don't have meaningful names. Changing the names now would result in orphaning the existing code so you'll need to move it after you change the button names. In the future, modify the name to something meaningful before you add any code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom