Israel (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 12:07
The guy who felt it necessary to post a link to a map as a reference posted from Toronto, so my North America was in case Canadians were geographically challenged, if I just said America or even named other countries it would have been insulting, hence the way I worded my comment and left each individual decide if it was aimed at them.

Brian

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:07
Rich hasn't posted for 2 years, I think his interest waned after Bob wiped out something like 14000 posts, but why he finally stopped I don't know.

I think John Big mainly posts at UA but again I don't know if he is still posting there.

People stop for many reasons and usually without comment, Pat Hartman hasn't been on for some time, others are on intermittently and others like vbaInet disappear if they have a heavy workload , then reappear and seem to be on 24/7 :D

Brian

Why did we wipe out 1400 post and was tht Bob Larson?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
What's with the "we" , it was Bob Larson in a fit of pique, not that Col or Rich were entirely innocent and Bob did apologise and resign from his position as admin. It was 14000 not 1400 , it is amazing how valuable a 0 can be.

This is my last post for a while as off on holiday with my 2 grandsons ( ages just 4 and almost 2) , fortunately taking two helpers, ie their parents. :D

Brian

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:07
What's with the "we" , it was Bob Larson in a fit of pique, not that Col or Rich were entirely innocent and Bob did apologise and resign from his position as admin. It was 14000 not 1400 , it is amazing how valuable a 0 can be.

This is my last post for a while as off on holiday with my 2 grandsons ( ages just 4 and almost 2) , fortunately taking two helpers, ie their parents. :D

Brian

Amazing how important a transposed "w" for a "h" can be.

awb_2014

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:07
Israel don"t allow to Palestinien muslim to pray in AlAqsa ! this is horrible

BlueIshDan

☠
Local time
Today, 08:07
Israel is real terrorist !

The word terrorist bugs me. It has no meaning to me any more. Any word that is thrown around by media as much as possible flags bull s#!t in my head and I request a better explanation or definition of what is being said.

So what is it that you mean by this vague statement awb_2014.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Empires have come and gone, it does not mean that that the later generations cannot criticize current situations. Some "empires" still exist of course, the USA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA etc but they are not recognised as such, water has to be involved before acquired land is considered part of an empire.

And length of time especially if the new outbreeding the old has an effect too.

Brian

Please clarify what you mean by the word "empire ".......especially in the context of both Australia and Canada having one.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
The primary reason the US has backed Israel no matter what is simply because Israel has generally been the US's only truly solid ally in the Middle East. When it was set up, the US helped them get the country up and running and sold military equipment to the country, getting a rock-solid ally out of the deal. Because of that, the rest of the arab nations (who saw the move as theft of land from the Palestinians already living there) have generally been suspicious of us, with our only nominal allies among them being Egypt (off and on) and Iran (until the Shah got booted).

The political maneuvering between the US and USSR certainly didn't help matters any, either.

That said, the US has criticized Israel pretty sharply off the record, but will likely never slap Israel down for its actions unless they actually either use a WMD (the handful of nukes they claim they don't have) or start massacres.

And unfortunately, the killing is likely to go on forever - too many people there on both sides hate each other with a holy passion and want nothing less than the other side exterminated.

Israel started its massacres in 1982 when it actively aided and abetted the killing of 1000's of refugees in the Sabra and Shatila camp in the Lebanon. Having occupied that area Israel imprisoned the refugees in the camp and then permitted Phalangist killers access in order to massacre up to 3000 innocent men, women and children. Israel even illuminated the camp in order to make the murders easier.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Please clarify what you mean by the word "empire ".......especially in the context of both Australia and Canada having one.

Why only Australia and Canada , that post was in response to a post that has since been deleted and I have no intention of revisiting it just because you have decided to reappear months later.

Brian

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
I am puzzled. If the post was deleted, how was I able to access and read it ?

Secondly, I am irritated. Why did you feel it necessary to be rude in alluding to my seeming "absence" ? Is it required that one access this forum on an hourly/daily/weekly/monthly basis before one may read threads either current or previous ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom