Apple Mini (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 18:23
I see some pretty reasonable prices on used Apple Minis on ebay, is there a limit as to how old a unit I should be looking for? All I need it for is to run safari and maybe Sketchup or maybe VMware - Any do's or don'ts?

Thanks, Ken

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ken

You can run Safari and SketchUp and VMWare and VirtualBox on a windows machine, but I'm guessing you know that.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Are those *good prices* for WiFi and Cellular or just WiFi? Warranty? Pieces and parts? Like power cord?

KenHigg

Local time
Actually I was looking for something to put in my shop/basement. I have a small flat screen tv/monitor mounted over the workbench to watch tv/dvds, etc. Then from time to time I need to do the internet thing. I have a source for a reliable rebuild win 7 box for $250 but it has a large footprint and the one I had earlier was prone to viruses via the net. So I saw the ebay minis for just around 150. I just was wondering if the new mac os versions would still run on the older hardware...

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
What older hardware? The iPad minis are self contained or are you talking about the Mac mini with OX server?

KenHigg

Local time
Well, I was wondering if the older mini's would run the newest OSx versions. Wikipedia has a pretty good page on the topic that answered most of my questions - Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom