Admin Menu (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 00:00
I don't know how others go about the adminstration of their databases with regards to adding/editing/deleting items from combos, etc. but I though I'd share what I do.

Basically, I have a form called frmAdministration whereby all the lists in the database can be handled by the users (that way they aren't asking for a new option to be added in a certain form, or whatever). On this form they can choose to add, edit, or delete something from the database. [Well, not quite delete, but it will feel like that.]

So, in this example there's a few items that can be managed: Employees, Shops, Products, Product Types, and Countries.

The way it works is by creating a table - tblOptions - which holds all the administration relevant information. So, in this table we have the names of forms, queries, key fields, and column properties. A query based on this table popualates the Options list. All the values are in hidden columns. When an option is selected, the form takes the values from these hidden columns to change the Admin list. It should be clear just from playing around how it works.

I've added a bunch of other forms, just so make using the example a bit more practical.

Any questions, let me know.

[Also, there's quite a bit of other queries in there, so I'll just given them a quick explanation...

Those with Combo in name are for populating comboboxes. Those with Form in the name are for populating Forms.

There's also a table/query holding form names. This is just something I use to drive headers, etc. on forms. Hopefully straightforward.]

Attachments

• Admin.accdb
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,765
  • admin.png
    admin.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,334
Last edited:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 00:00
Oh, dear. White Meat, not Meet! :eek: