VBA Code work on computer A, but not computer B (1 Viewer)

c1bluemini

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:00
And the best part is that my IT guru is stumped as well!

KenHigg

Local time
Hum... I'm stumped. Sorry...

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:00
could it be that the "from" account does not exist on the computers that don't work

.From = carpXXXX.alert@gmail.com

not sure if that is a "test", or a "real" account. If it's real - you are better not posting real data on public forums. Anyway, the point is, is it a configured e mail account on the problem PC's.

The other thing - is the access version the same on all machines?

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
could it be that the "from" account does not exist on the computers that don't work

.From = carpXXXX.alert@gmail.com

not sure if that is a "test", or a "real" account. If it's real - you are better not posting real data on public forums. Anyway, the point is, is it a configured e mail account on the problem PC's.

The other thing - is the access version the same on all machines?

The .From name better agree with the "sendusername" parameter, the password better be a real password, for an account that is known to the SMTP server. Otherwise the connection will not be made.

c1b..., Have you tried sending the message with the username and password that you know work on the machines that don't work ?

Also strange is that you are using port 587 which is a non-SSL port. Should be 465 if SSL is turned on.

Those are the things that I can see.

Best,
Jiri

c1bluemini

Registered User.
Local time
Gemma-the-husky: Yes, the email is fake, but I do have a real on that works. Yes, the Access version are all the same for each machine.

Solo712: I have tried to send messages with both a gmail account as well as with my normal email and pwd that the system knows. I can change the port number back to 465, but I don't think that's the issue since the code is working just fine on two other computers. I"m too the point that its an issue with the computer and how is was set up more than a programming issue.

Regardless, thanks for the help! It's appreciated.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:00
I am using the CDO library under Access to do SMTP mail from my back-end network to our more public network and I see this from time to time. The question I would ask is whether someone is running some kind of security monitor, active firewall, intrusion protection/detection software, etc. on your network.

This might be an ACL or other security setting. Is the miscreant machine on the same subnet as the ones that work OK?

We sometimes have to notify our network security guy to lighten up for the machines that need to use this facility. If your site has a network security guy, talk to him.

c1bluemini

Registered User.
Local time
All, Thank you for your input and all of the suggestion. Upon further and very detailed investigation, It was discovered that McAfee was the root cause of my issues.

If you encounter similar errors when sending emails, check the following on your computer:

Go to your quick tool bar and select the "McAfee" icon, then select "Manage Features"
Double click on "Access Protection"
Click on "ANti-virus Standard Protection"

Look for the line item "Prevent Mass Mailing worms from sending mail"
If you have a check mark under the "Block" column, then you will need to un-check it. If your on a corporate network, your "IT" manager will need to log into your McAfee and un-check this option. Once that is completed, you should be able to send emails through Access without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom