Record Selection using Checkbox (1 Viewer)

Charles Carter

Local time
Today, 14:33
Basic premise:
I'd like to list all records in a table accompanied by a checkmark. If the checkmark is checked then this record will be edited (saved to a 'list' for editing). If not checked, then the record will not be edited (not saved to a list).

What I've done thus far:
I have a table with all the fields in it (pulled from a master table) and the checkmark associated with each record on a datasheet form. That works..I can select each record using the checkmark and use mod code to check if the checkmark is true or false.

But what I would like to allow is:

Filtering on a field and allow the checkmarks to be selected individually as well as a 'Select All' button. Thus, when the form is first opened - all records appear. The user then 'filters' for all Telephone Number field starting with area code '222'. With that new set of records, the user can then select each record individually by checking the checkmark box and select all records by clicking the 'Select All' button.

As an example: Lets say a company with telephone number 222-xxx-xxxx recently moved to a new area code. Instead of changing each record individually - I'd like to list them, filter them down to '222', then perform a 'global change' to all records.

Hope that makes sense,
Thanks,
Charles

Charles Carter

Local time
Today, 14:33
Re:

Hi All,

OK, I figured out how to filter using a Datasheet Form. Still need a bit of help on a 'Select All' button for Checkmark boxes.

Also, how can I reset the Checkmark boxes back to nil value when the form is closed.

Thanks,
Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom