Can I select browser to open link with? (1 Viewer)

Big Pat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:26
I have two browsers installed, IE8 and Chrome (Version 35.0.1916.153 m)

I need IE8 because it links to clinical systems in the hospital where I work and those are apparently not compatible with newer versions.
But I am also part of a research network which is using Google Apps, so I have Chrome for that, as I can't even sign in using IE8.

This is all very well until someone sends an email to my hospital address, which contains a link to something on the Google platform. If the link shows the actual URL, I can copy and paste it into Chrome. But if the email says something like "Click here for the document" with a link embedded in that sentence, it tries (and fails) to open it in IE8.

Is there any way to convert such a link back to its URL so I could paste it into Chrome? At the moment I'm forwarding such emails to my Gmail account, but it's an extra step I could do without.

Thanks,

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:26
In Chrome right click the link and "Copy link address".

In IE right click the link and "Copy Shortcut".

Big Pat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:26
Thanks Galaxiom. But in my version of IE there is no "Copy shortcut". There's "Copy" but it's greyed out. Don't know why! However, I did find that by clicking "View source" I could find the link, as shown in attached picture.

Kinda finicky, but I guess it'll do!

Attachments

• link.PNG
    link.PNG
    23.9 KB · Views: 158

WhiteRex

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:26
That's strange that you don't have "copy shortcut"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom