Option Compare Database (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 11:34
Does anyone know why is this at the top of some of some modules and not at the others

Option Compare Database

Thanks All

MStCyr

Local time
Today, 11:34
jsanders said:
Does anyone know why is this at the top of some of some modules and not at the others

Option Compare Database

Thanks All

You have two choices, either Option Explicit or Option Compare. The Option Compare would be used if you wanted to do comparions, for example, between strings:

"AAAA" = "aaaa" would be false
"AbCd" = "AbCd" would be true

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:34
Option Explict can be set to add it self to everymodule when it is created. Higly reccomened as it stops a lot of silly mistakes.

from help

Require Variable Declaration — Determines whether explicit variable declarations are required in modules. Selecting this adds the Option Explicit statement to general declarations in any new module.

Peter

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:34
I think the answer would be that it has been deleted from some of the modules.

It is there by default but I normally change it to Option Compare Text because of a bug in Access 2000.
I don’t know if it has been fixed or if the end user is or is not using an old version.

http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet001.asp?1033

TBA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:34
not quite correct mates!
option compare database is fine if you dont use the extended char set but if you do then use option compare text to aviod the dreaded error 3265 object not found in collection because your column 'Övrigt' is not the same as 'övrigt'

option explicit deals with variable declaration

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom