Print Preview on a Form???? (1 Viewer)

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:25
Hi All,

I have never done this and not sure if it is possible but thought I would ask.

Is it possible to show within a window maybe, a print preview of a report on a Form?

I am going to assume that the answer is no? But I could be wrong?

Look forward to anyones input on this one.:p

Robert88

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Have a look at my sample, it will answer your Questions.

Just look at the code behind the buttons.

Last edited:

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Hi John A,

Thanks for that, not quiet what I was after.

I was wondering if a print preview can be displayed on a form maybe in a window. A little different to normal.

I am reading information from CD's ultimately to make a label. I have built a form with all data so that the user needs to change it, he can. The reason for this is that each CD has a similar file structure and sometimes people are not following the structure and as such information is missed on these labels, so as a last resort I am allowing them to edit the data for the label before printing it, instead of having an incorrect label.

I was looking to display the data on the form along with a window of the report so that you can see the changes as made. A big ask. I cannot seem to find a window on a form which will allow this.

I suppose a print preview button as you have in your example will have to do.

Robert88;)

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
I have just made it work with ASP (display report in form). I have to go out now (earn some money) if you don't work it out let me know and I will send you a sample db.

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Hi John,

A sample of what you are talking about in Access would be great, as I scratched my head for quiet some time before I gave up.

Look forward to the sample.

Robert88

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 10:25
Snapshot Viewer Control

See if this is what you want.
Mark

Attachments

• SnapView.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 5,212

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Hi Lagbolt,

I am impressed, this is sensational.

I will tie in what you have done to my database.

Appreciate it guys.

Robert88

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Cheers, which is too short, so you're welcome too.

SBM

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, I'm working with Access 97. I can't open your sample DB. Have you got an A97 version?

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Here it is.........

Hi SBM,

Sorry, didn't realise I could convert it as I am using A2003.

If you have problems when you open it as I think the autoexec is not working hit F11 to display database window.

Good Luck with the 97 Version, hope everything works.... :rolleyes:

Or were you after the other mdb in 97? If so let me know and I will do it later, got a tennis game to go to.

Robert88

Attachments

• SnapView_97.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,547
Last edited:

jaservtech

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:25
Here it is.........

Hi SBM,

Sorry, didn't realise I could convert it as I am using A2003.

If you have problems when you open it as I think the autoexec is not working hit F11 to display database window.

Good Luck with the 97 Version, hope everything works.... :rolleyes:

Or were you after the other mdb in 97? If so let me know and I will do it later, got a tennis game to go to.

Robert88
how to use it, sorry i'm new in access programmming, i open it show me error snap......cdx

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 18:25
MS removed support for the old snapshot viewer in Access 2007.
If you are using a newer version of Access, I doubt you can get this to work.

You might be able to replicate it by saving the report as a PDF then displaying that in a Web browser control on the form.
However that's probably more effort than is worthwhile in this case

If its any help, I do something similar using a screenshot of a report.
This is on a form with a menu of 20 reports to choose from.
As a user moves over any of the buttons, a thumbnail of that report is displayed.
This is handled using a mouse move event

jaservtech

Local time

You might be able to replicate it by saving the report as a PDF then displaying that in a Web browser control on the form.

As a user moves over any of the buttons, a thumbnail of that report is displayed.

thanks, i found it by drag report inner form but there is problem, how could i can show the report as print preview not report view, thank you very much for fast response

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You can indeed display a report in a form...or vice versa but the functionality is restricted in each case.
You can change the default view of the report to Print Preview and disable both Report view and layout view.
However when you open the form containing the report it is still shown in Report View.
Suggest you create a form that looks similar to your report and use that as a subform in place of your report.

BTW This is an ancient thread. If you have further questions you should start your own thread as that will get more views/responses
Good luck

jaservtech

Local time
You can indeed display a report in a form...or vice versa but the functionality is restricted in each case.
You can change the default view of the report to Print Preview and disable both Report view and layout view.
However when you open the form containing the report it is still shown in Report View.
Suggest you create a form that looks similar to your report and use that as a subform in place of your report.

BTW This is an ancient thread. If you have further questions you should start your own thread as that will get more views/responses
Good luck

thank you sir , i'll try it

cbabi2

Local time

Hi I am also new to access, If I use the web browser will the pdf appear on the form? and how ca I navigate the pages of this pdf

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
i doubt if it is possible.

you can call a report to print or preview after clicking a command button on a form, but this will leave the form and open a report.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@cbabi2
This is a 14 year old thread. It would be dad better to start a new thread and link back to this if necessary.

Two approaches are possible
1. You can open a report as a subform but AFAIK only in report view. However it will be a 'live' report with current data.
2. You can save the report as a PDF 'snapshot' and open it in a Web browser control in Access if you wish. If you find it opens outside Access, a simple registry fix can fix that issue.

Any questions please start a new thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom