Reputation feature not popular in these parts? (1 Viewer)

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:26
I'm suprised none the centenial/millenial (forgive my poorly contrived phrase) posters around here have established high reputations as of yet.

Seems like everyone has only 1 green jello. I haven't even seen any radioactive jello floating around anywhere :eek:

If someone helps you out, or makes you laugh, hit 'em with some rep points. Click the hourglass and submit away.

If someone is a real "tool", you can dissaprove and banish them to red jello territory.

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
RickDB said:
I'm suprised none the centenial/millenial (forgive my poorly contrived phrase) posters around here have established high reputations as of yet.

Seems like everyone has only 1 green jello. I haven't even seen any radioactive jello floating around anywhere :eek:

If someone helps you out, or makes you laugh, hit 'em with some rep points. Click the hourglass and submit away.

If someone is a real "tool", you can dissaprove and banish them to red jello territory.

Ok, call me an idiot, but how do you give someone some rep? I have been looking all over the site and haven't found out how. It's probably right in front of my nose.

Lisa

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:26
lmnop7854 said:
Ok, call me an idiot, but how do you give someone some rep? I have been looking all over the site and haven't found out how. It's probably right in front of my nose.

Lisa

There's a set of scales in the top-right hand corner of your post ;)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
See? Right in front of my eyes. Damn! Thanks, Dan.:eek:

Lisa

I had no idea I had reputation points until I clicked on that link just now.
I'm on 13 :eek: Care to get me off that number - I'm feeling superstitious today :p

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 15:26
RickDB said:

FWIW, if they got a lot of comments from one timer or once a year user, the jello will be gray, which adds nothing. This may explain the discrepancy you saw. Once they've exceeded a certain number of posts (don't know how the administrator has it set here) or has gotten a green jello themselves, they then can give out green jello.

statsman

Local time
Is the Jello dish half full or half empty.

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
This is from another forum, where Jello means everything ;) :

What is user Reputation?
Your "Reputation" is a number that reflects a combination of the number of posts you've made, how long you've been a member, and what other forum members think of your posts. It's represented by a sequence of green (positive) or red (negative) blocks on the right side of the headers to all your posts (next to your actual post count). (If you do not want your Reputation displayed, use your control panel to hide it.) You started with 10 Reputation points when you registered, which goes up as you post and as the days go by.

By clicking on the scales icon in the top-right corner of any post, you can add to (or subtract from) that member's Reputation by approving or disapproving of their post. There are safeguards in place to prevent Reputation abuse, however: you may only make so many Reputation votes in the same day, and you must rate posts for other posters before rating the same user again. And the forum won't allow anyone to add to or subtract from your Reputation over and over again.

The higher your Reputation, the more influence your Reputation ratings have on others!

What does a gray Reputation vote mean?
A Reputation vote with a gray block indicates that another user attempted to cast a positive or negative "vote" for one of your posts, but has not yet reached a level where his or her votes are counted. Gray votes are neutral, and do not affect your Reputation one way or the other.

New users must be members of the forum for a predetermined length of time and reach a certain post count before their Reputation votes begin to count. Once a new member reaches that level, any previous votes remain gray.

----

Here is an example of lots of rep:

You can fill up on those little green jellos quick!

There is no reason for veteran posters with thousands of posts to not have tons of reputation points! When these people offer their expert advice, I would say we owe them thanks and a few rep points for their help.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 15:26
1) You can delete it yourself- Click on "Edit" then click "Delete" then click the radio button to delete the message. Buh-bye, baby!

2) Did you see my explanation above? If most of jellos veteran posters got were from novices who has few posts, it will be gray...

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
I did, but still... Someone like Pat Hartman, with 18,000 posts (Eighteen THOUSAND) posts still only has 1 block? Seems a bit of appreciation to the 5,000 post users should be due, regardless of turn over.

But I'm sure most of them don't care less, and I don't consider it a huge issue myself, just felt like bringing it up I suppose.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 17:26
In all fairness, the "jello" feature of the site was added fairly recently, as in January of this year. Most of the long time users around here aren't used to giving/receiving reputation points. It was a novelty for a couple of months, and then the furor died down. :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
Most of the long time users around here aren't used to giving/receiving reputation points.

We much prefer squabbling to scoring :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
Did you ever get off the number 13? ;)

I never checked... oh look, some dear soul has incremented my reputation!

How sweet :p

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 17:26
dan-cat said:
I never checked... oh look, some dear soul has incremented my reputation!

How sweet :p

Well, to be honest I was going to give you a positive to increment your number but I gave you some a while back for something (I can't even remember what) and it told me I had to "spread some around" before I could give it to you again. :D

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
every 100 points is a jello cube, 1,000 points is a cube o' radioactive jello, and that's some good eats there. Excellent source of Vitamin Z & extra eyeballs!

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Ok my reputations points have dropped from 14 down to 5 :mad:

Now which one of you got all jealous over my popularity ... :p

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
dan-cat said:
Ok my reputations points have dropped from 14 down to 5 :mad:

Now which one of you got all jealous over my popularity ... :p
so how do you quantify an unknown quantity?:confused:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Bodisathva said:
so how do you quantify an unknown quantity?:confused:

I don't know but I'm getting closer to the one who sullied my reputation :p

Here is the offending post that someone so heartily disapproved of. I demand a retrial!

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
They added a comment too, the swine!

"Is argumentative and doesn't listen or pay attention"

What the hell are my folks going to say when they read that on my report card?!?!?!?! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom