command button to print current record in Landscape (1 Viewer)

amb3r

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a command button on a form that will print only the current record in 'Landscape' orientation, when required by the user.

Is this possible? If so, any ideas/suggestions of how i can achieve this please?

Thanks alot.

Kind regards,

Amber

amb3r

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply hun.
I've checked the link you provided but unfortunately it doesn't provide any information/code on how to print it in Landscape mode.

Unfortunately, the way the form is designed, it has to be printed out in landscape rather than in portraite mode, as it would save paper (it will all fit on one paper in landscape) and it would look better.

I've managed to find out how to print the current record but still can't find any information on how to code it so that it prints out in Landscape mode! :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

thanks,

Amber

mhartman

Dr. Data
Local time
Hello:

What you have to do is design the report in landscape mode first.

Open your report in design mode first. Then, select FILE - PAGESETUP from the menu. Select the PAGE tab and go from there.

Regards and good luck with this
Mark

amb3r

Registered User.
Local time
Excellent! Thanks alot mate :)

By the way, just out of curiousity, is there anyway i can set the print button to show the print dialog box before it prints (at the moment it just prints the current record without bringing the dialog box).

The reason i want the dialog box to appear is so that users have a choice of which printer they would like to print to. The DB would be used by alot of users and most of them have access to a number of printers.
IS there anyway to achieve via VBA?

Thanks alot

jkl0

jkl0
Local time
Today, 18:51
If you do a search on "Dialog" you should find something, as I think I saw that discussed a month or so ago.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:51
And turn off the auto-correct feature. It is an A2000 but that will put reports back to portrait view. Don't ask me how the 2 are related, but it is microsoft

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom