RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:27
Hello,

I am making a query using the following:

tblCustomers
tblOrders

These tables are linked together using CustomerID PK to FK.

Now the problem: When I run a query using a left join to tblCustomers & tblOrders I have no problems until I try to include any one of these 3 fields:

CalledBack
Sold
Shipped

Then when I try to run the query, "No current record." is returned...

These 3 fields are Yes/No checkboxes that are used as triggers to assign a employee variable to CalledBy, SoldBy, ShippedBy and also to store Now() values for CalledDate, SoldDate, ShippedDate

Looking at this, I suppose the Yes/No field is unnecessary, and I could have simply used a cmdButton to assign the two important values (employee & time) to my table.

I would still like to understand why this happens though...

Thanks!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:27
Calling the three items checkboxes is confusing. Generally you can only get raw data into your visual query from the fields in the tables. (you can get other things with functions etc). What you want is to drag the underlying yes/no field into the query. This will display as a little check box in the query. I suspect the names you are using ie callback, sold, shipped are not things in your tables.

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:27
The 3 fields are Yes/No fields in the tblOrders table with the Display Control set to Checkbox.

I think that I may get rid of these fields anyway, because they seem unnecessary... Still don't understand why they don't work :confused:

A tangent: I would be able to do the same thing with filled out "Called/Sold/ShippedBy" fields as I would with the redundant checkbox fields as far as finding called/sold/shipped orders in a query correct? Or is there a situation where having the checkbox fields would prove useful?

Thank you!

KatherineP

Local time
Today, 04:27
I get this problem with Yes/No (checkbox) fields in a left join query too. I fixed it by substituting the following expression for the [YesNoFieldName] itself: iif([YesNoFieldName],Yes,No)

This will return "No" (or an unchecked box) for a null value caused by the join query, but you can test for this with another expression as necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom