Runtime Error 3027 Cannot Update, Database or Object is read-only (1 Viewer)

Thinh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:06
I create a front end and back end that resides on the lan. Front has everything besides the table which resides on the back end. Front ends table are linked to the backend. I have two computer that i am testing it on. Both of them runs Access 2003 runtime and windows has been update to the latest version, both xp machine aswell.Both has user right to read and write to that directory on the lan. Ldr exist when either of them uses access file. The strange thing is when i run a command to copy some data from one table to another one. one of the machine give me the following error "3027 Cannot Update. database or object is read only". While on the other machine it runs flawless. Another weird thing is if i modified some values in table by using forms it works great on both so i am a bit clueless where the problems is. its seems my problem is copying from one table to another. i dont have problem modyfing one table. Here is the code i use to that halt my ms access database.

Dim dbs As Database, rsProposal As Recordset, TES As String, stdocname As String, stLinkCriteria As String

TES = Me![TESID]

If TES = DLookup("TESID", "Proposals", "TESID =" & "'" & TES & "'") Then
MsgBox "Proposal Already Exists for TES ID: " & vbCrLf & _
" " & TES, vbOKOnly, "Proposal Already Exists"
GoTo Image264_Click_Exit
Else
If MsgBox("Do You Really Want to Create" & vbCrLf & "a New Proposal for TES ID " & vbCrLf & " " & TES & " ?", 289, "Create New Proposal?") = vbOK Then
Set dbs = CurrentDb
Set rsProposal = dbs.OpenRecordset("Proposals")
With rsProposal
.AddNew
![Long_Desc] = Me![Description]
![Short_Desc] = Me![Opportunity]
![Dest_Site] = Me![Install Site]
![TESID] = Me![TESID]
![End_User] = Me![Contractor/Purchaser Name]
![Date_Due] = Me![Proposal Due Date]
![Date_Completed] = Me![Close Date]
![Status] = Me![Status]
.Update
.Close
Set rsProposal = Nothing
dbs.Close
Set dbs = Nothing
End With
stLinkCriteria = "[TESID] = " & "'" & TES & "'"
stdocname = "Form Prop - Detail"
DoCmd.OpenForm stdocname, , , stLinkCriteria
DoCmd.Close acForm, "Form TES - Detail"
End If
End If

Treason

#@$%#!
Local time
Today, 11:06
try

dbs.OpenRecordset("Proposals"), dbOpenDynaset

just a thought, could be wrong

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 08:06
Are you logging in as yourself on both machines, or is someone else logged in on the one which doesn't work? It sounds like it might be a permissions issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom