Pivotchart With Series on Different Scale Axes (1 Viewer)

mawcluster

Local time
Today, 07:40
Hello all. My client has decided they like the pivotchart format better than the regular chart format, especially for its dynamic quality ( it can expand and contract with form adjustments.

One chart I am having trouble replicating in pivotchart format is one that plots two data series. One series is made of columns representing large numbers, generally several hundred or thousand, and the other data series needs to be a line which usually ranges between 0-10.

Obviously they cannot be represented on a y-axis with the same scale. This is simple to handle in MS Chart.

Is there a way to make a pivotchart with a dual-scaled y-axis, and map a data series to each one?

Thanks in advance.

mawcluster

Local time
Still having trouble with this one. Is there a way to do this programmatically?

mawcluster

Local time
Ok... I figured it out.

I had searched for a while and found a number of people asking the same question as me with nobody ever answering...

So for everyone in the future looking to plot data on dual axes, y-axis with different scales, secondary axis... etc.

The trick is to ungroup your data from one another.

This can be done programmatically through a line like:

ChartSpace.Charts(0).SeriesCollection(1).Ungroup True

Or can be done in the PivotChart properties for the Chart Workspace under the tab, Series Groups.

Select the data series you want to seperate and change the operation to new group in the drop down. Then click add.

In the bottom box, select the group number you just created and in the drop down box select the location of new axis. Then click add.

The new axis will be created and scaled to fit the secondary data series.

Hopefully this will help a bunch of people in the future.

AOAHM

Local time
Today, 06:40
Thank You!

This tip came in extremely handy, after trying to get a 2nd axis for another data series on a pivot chart in Access and giving up several months ago, I searched again and came across your post. It worked like a charm!

Thanks again for coming back to post this after you figured it out.

Maximnl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:40
Thanx,

it works indeed.

Just strugling now with how to add the title to the second as.

All the best!

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:10
It worked for me as well. Really great when somebody comes back after solving the problem. It makes great help to community.

dwb

Local time
Today, 06:40
You can add an axis title in the Property Sheet under the General tab. In the drop down box under General Commands, select the Value Axis 2. Just below that drop down box will be a button to add an axis title.

mana

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
hello

i have a pivot chart with two scales but at the left side the blue part is inside the red part and i can't see the value of the blue part. can you help me pelase?
what should i do to see the blue part as well?
also when i seleect all of the blue parts i can't see the value of blue. t shows me the value of the red part.

i also attached the picture
thank you

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 377

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom