Overflow error while exporting to excel (1 Viewer)

SAB

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:27
Hi all,

I have a report that is generated properly no matter how big is the data (biggest one that I've tried is 375 pages).

After a report is generated, exporting to .rtf file (word) has no problem at all.

However, when I export to excel sometimes the Overflow error occurs.
It doesn't depend on the data size. Sometimes the error occurs on a report with small data size(about 60 pages).
However, the report with different data (about 100 pages) has no problem.

I've tried to find the cause of this for many days but still no clue at all for me.
and this problem is really urgent for me.

Do anyone has experience with this?

Thank you very much.

SAB

Local time
Here is the error screenshot

Attachments

• overflow.JPG
    overflow.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 667

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:27
I know an Excel spreadsheet can only contain approximently 65,000 rows. How many rows are your trying to export. From the error is sounds like you are trying to export to many rows to the spreadsheet and causing an error.

SAB

Local time
Thank you KeithG.
However I'm sure that it doesn't exceed 65,000.
My data size is very less than that for sure.

I really have no idea how this occured.

Do anyone has other suggestions ?

shudini

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:27
When a report is exported to excel, i'm pretty sure all access is doing is exporting the query/queries bound to the report/subreport to an excel spreadsheet. Just for the heck of it, try to export the query instead of the report and see if you get the same error. If you do, most likely there's a data overflow in one of your fields. If so, can you please go into a little more detail on the fields and data types contained in the query?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom