Access 2007 Hyperlink not working (1 Viewer)

Avick

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:38
Hi Chaps
I am having a problem with Access 2007.

I have a hyperlink field that should take me to a web page related to the specific record I am in at the time.

The problem is, they hyperlink won't work.
As I move over the link the pointer changes to a finger as expected but when I click the link nothing happens.

I then copy and paste the link into a browser window and it works perfect, displaying the web page as expected so I know its not a problem with the hyper link its self

I have the IsHyperlink set to YES

I'm at a complete loss as to why its not working as expected.

ted.martin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:38
What is the exact hyperlink? There may be a character in it that Access doesn't like. Paste it here - precisely.

Avick

Registered User.
Local time

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 02:38
I believe you need to breakup your site address.......
In "hyperlink Address" put http://www.newebirl.eu/ and in "hyperlink sub address" invoices/invo..._key=kp9u87sr1

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 00:38
Actually, I believe that IsHyperlink only gives you the hand. You have to set the click event to:

FollowHyperlink Me.YourTextBoxName

Avick

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Bob
That did the trick.
Is there a way to set the browser where the link opens.
By default it opens in IE and I use Netscape 9 as my default browser.

If not then thats not a problem. I'm just happy it works :)

Alan

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 00:38
Is there a way to set the browser where the link opens.
By default it opens in IE and I use Netscape 9 as my default browser.
There may be, but I'm not sure of the code to do so. You might google it if you want to work on that one. The SHELL command may work for you, but I am not sure.

John Thompson

Local time
Thank you to Bob Larson ... This one was annoying me, since the MS Access "follow if hyperlink" works fine most of the time.

This has resolved the issue for me! :D

US2U

Local time
Today, 03:38
I'm not successful with this fix, but the problem is likely mine.

I'm trying to add FollowHyperlink Me.MyTextBoxName to the ON CLICK event (property) of my form. But get a message saying object FollowHyperlink Me cannot be found. If I remove FollowHyperlink Me, I get the same message about MyTextBoxName (the real name), which has no spaces or non-alpha characters.

Additional Info: My record-level hyperlink string, which works fine outside of Access, is unique to each record in my underlying table. I used an UPDATE query to insert this unique hyperlink string into the table's (previously defined) hyperlink field by concatenating the URL portion(s) of the string with the unique data for the record (stored elsewhere on the record).

All thoughts, suggestions, and corrections are welcomed...

EmilyTheChef

Local time
Today, 01:38
Re: Access 2007 Hyperlink not working (Add "#" (no quotes) before and after text)

Solution that worked for me: format the hyperlink text with a leading and trailing "#" (no quotes) #\\drive\folder\filename.pdf#

I had a similar issue. I wanted a hyperlink for users to click that will open a file on a network drive. I had to do some data manipulation in Excel, where I created (what I thought was the correct) formatting for the hyperlink address.

But when I copied and pasted into the Hyperlink field in my Access table, it seemed to put a leading space at the end of the text (I tried Trim functions, didn't work), and when I pressed F2 then delete, I saw a "#" at each end of the text in my field. So in Excel, I purposely formatted the hyperlink text with a leading and trailing "#" (no quotes) #\\drive\folder\filename.pdf# and when I pasted THAT from Excel into the Access hyperlink field, it worked! :D

I'm SO grateful to these forums for being instrumental in helping me create my first "for an end user" database. I'm tickled that I can finally provide an answer for someone else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom