Narcis 5 Database (1 Viewer)

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:25
Hi,
I have the Narcis 5 Tips of the Day database, but I dont know why the data is not readable (English and persian font).
Any one can help me through this?

Attachments

• NARCIS.zip
    58 KB · Views: 131

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Today, 07:55
The data is stored in Unicode, not Western fonts. Get a copy meant for Western (or English speaking European) users and you should be good to go.

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
More Detail

Thanks Mr. Moniker,
Could you please be a little more in detailed? or just attach a sample of that?
or guide me more, how to make the data readable?
Thanks

Last edited:

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
Narcis Database Data is not readable

Hi,
I have the Narcis 5 Tips of the Day database, but I dont know why the data is not readable (English and persian font).
Any one can help me through this?

NOTE:
First I have posted this in Table Forum, but l thaught it is suitable to be in General Forum...

Attachments

• NARCIS.zip
    74.8 KB · Views: 126

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
Can anyone help me through the attachment please?

I have just the attachmetn, not more, if some one has any idea or solution, please pot in detail...

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
Then, there is no way, to make the data readable?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:55
Where did you get it? Is it something from someone else? I'm not familiar with it.

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
I have purchased Narcis Dictionary version 5, it is English to Persian and English to English Dictionary, and its Database is Access, So it is that database...all the Access DB is the same, Actually it was in 97 version, so I converted to 2000, and it was the same in Access 97 version...

Hope it is clear, and can help me

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
It looks to me like they encrypted it so that someone wouldn't come along and try to use the database for their own purposes instead of using it with the program it came with. Could that be it?

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
thanks,
you mean it is not possible to decrypt them again...?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
That's what encryption is for. To protect it from prying eyes. To decrypt them you would need the creators of the database to give you the key for decrypting (or you would have to go through the process of attempting to hack it, which is illegal and immoral if you are trying to break into someone else's creation for the purpose of using it for purposes other than what it was designed for. Plus if it's been encrypted with a good key then it should take many, many years to break it.)

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
if so,
Can I encrypt my own db too? if yes, through the Access option? or some else tools?
I mean, Can I do like the attachment?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Now, Moniker may be right in that it is just all in Persian via Unicode (so my encryption theory may not be right).

I'm not real sure about what you are able to do with encryption and Access, so it may be possible and it may not be possible. I would suggest doing some Googling to look around about that.

tanha

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry posting more...
All the fields is not persian, some of them are in English, so if it is unicode, How can make readble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom