Rich text editor for access (1 Viewer)

darkmastergyz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:08
Is there a rich text editor for access(one which allows, mainly underlining of text). Or is there a way I can code a rich text editor? I mainly want the function to underline highlighted text, and push a button to add a special character. Thanks.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:08
Access is not a word processor and will not necessarily want to preserve any special characters associated with word processing. If what you want cannot be managed by a report design template, you will not do any editing from within Access.

Word is the RTF editor of choice for any MS output from Access, STL, or any other application except Word itself. You can take a report or other object and try to "Publish it using Word" based on a toolbar icon with a big blue W in it. Do everything else you want first because when you publish using Word, you must eventually save that file for anything to persist. AND once you DO publish using Word, the thing you published is no longer inside Access.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Access 2007 does have this ability (or so its say's) to format text within a memo field - But as this is still relatively new , i would hang back from purchasing this product .

(If it can do this , then this will improve Access by leaps and bounds, however i don't know what the effect will be on d/b size - how much quicker will it m ax out the 2g limit)

Pleasure

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:08
Well my friend. I agree with other people but these is something you can use. Thanks to Lebans just use his free Active X

http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm

inside your applications and a Full Rich Editor is using any memo field to store data and display them as you want (in reports too).

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
hey..
has any of the usual suspects used pleasures recommendation, i have seen a lot of plugs for Access, but this sounds abit iffy..

g:confused:

Pleasure

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:08
Well, if you want my opinion, it just work fine ... I have used it in many applications and is working very nice.

These isn't "abit iffy", just make sure that you are storing the data in memo fields where unicode compression is enabled.

This is the best way to maintain your DB without bloating.

At current point I have many RTF documents inside tables, using them in reports etc.

Have a try first...

Thanks to Stephen Lebans, this nice control is free ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom